Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

tires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastwon29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: tires Reply with quote

looking for 205-65-r15 sumitomo htr 200 tires, resonable prices..
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest Ive found for the HTR 200 , 205/65R/15 is $62 ea. Thats at www.tirerack.com
Are you running them on a Pony Stock? If you are running at Spartan Speedway, the max size you can run is 195/70R. These sell for $51 ea.

John
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goinincircles22 wrote:
The cheapest Ive found for the HTR 200 , 205/65R/15 is $62 ea. Thats at www.tirerack.com
Are you running them on a Pony Stock? If you are running at Spartan Speedway, the max size you can run is 195/70R. These sell for $51 ea.

John

John,

He is running them on a Daytona that will be raced at Whittemore the last I knew. It's my old Daytona Very Happy He is gonna have a blast running that thing, I know Art and Todd Jr and everyone else did.

Nick,

Go online to Tire Rack and print out their price. Take that to Belle Tire or Discount Tire and they should price match them. You will need to add the price of freight on to the tires.
Have someone shave the tread down about half or more and the Sumo's will last and hold excellent.
I pay the extra money for Tire Rack to heet cycle the fronts and feel it is well worth it, they last even longer.

Good luck
YOGI
1st and only automatic pony in the 15's
Team Never Dead Racing Team Beacon
If you are not having fun while racing, Adjustments are definitely needed !!!!!
fastwon29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Todd...ill do that, the car is almost done..gettin a new nose and some sheet metal done next week, the head should be done today or tommorow, and the header and rims should b here today! gettin closer! how are things commin along for you?
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fastwon29 wrote:
thanks Todd...ill do that, the car is almost done..gettin a new nose and some sheet metal done next week, the head should be done today or tommorow, and the header and rims should b here today! gettin closer! how are things commin along for you?

Getting closer on my Neon. With Springport/Mid Michigan opening the rules to allow the FWD cars to compete with the RWD Mustangs, I needed more motor than my stock one I ran last year.

My son is building me a dual cammer that is a little hotter for this year to start with. It will not be as strong as we would like it to be as we are a little lite on $$. Just a hot set of cams and a good header to start with.

As the season goes on hopefully I will have the money to build a good big motor for my car and put the good ( high $$ ) suspension under it too.

We will just go and have fun and see what happens. For me it is all about having fun this year, if I can do some winning that is even better.

The Cutlass is on hold for now. The new owner ( a teammate ) is building a FWD to run this year and if he does something with the Cutlass I will be sure and get some pictures and let you know.

Thanks
Todd Sr.
1st and only automatic pony in the 15's
Team Never Dead Racing Team Beacon
If you are not having fun while racing, Adjustments are definitely needed !!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: