Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Race Pak Radios

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Race Pak Radios Reply with quote

Would anyone be interested in running a radio that only the track can talk into. It would assist in line ups, cautions, red flags, etc... The driver could not talk to anyone but the tower could tell them where to line up and so on. The AVSS series uses these and those drivers seem to love it. Let me know if your interested or not. Kind of curious the pros and cons I get.

I have seen the radios selling any where from $150.00 to $170.00 plus or minus a few dollars.
ron1r31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perry would you want to spend more money like that. you have been racing long enogh to know where you go . i don't want to spend any more that i have to. if you can't see the yellow mlight on that short track its over ant way. just tellingm what i think ron
ron1r31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about the fat fingers read slow and you will know what im saying ron
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ron, you know better than that. I'm young and stupid, just dying to spend money. No really, I was just trying to see who might be interested. I have no problem seeing the lights or knowing where I go. Just tired of running so many fricken laps while we try to line up.

By the way, was I supposed to have trouble reading that? Made it through the first time. Enjoying the sun?
ron1r31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i know what you're talking about. maybe the the new people in charge can get everyone in line faster. what really makes you mad is most of the driver know where the go but they try to get one more spot. lets not forget about the transponders guys they never lie lol see you later perry and have a good xmas ron
schinde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing worse than running yellow flag lap after yellow flag lap after yellow flag lap, did I say yellow flag lap? Lose your concentration, your timing, your mojo, whatever, so many yellow laps is bad for a driver, bad for the car and worse for the fan.

Trying to go into a position that the track officials say you don't belong in isn't gonna change the outcome just because you are persistent, all it is gonna do is make us run too damn many yellow flag laps. It should be our goal to be lined back up after three laps and ready to go. Too many times last year we ran lap after lap while trying to get lined back up.

Not sure how best to deal with the issue, but I sure hope we get better this year. Can't help but think that it makes the fan impatient, and makes us look bad overall. Are the Race Pak radios the answer? Don't know.

What other ideas are their out in the cyber world for this issue?

have a good day,

schinde
oldgold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: radios Reply with quote

The dirt tracks in michigan that are using the new raceiver this year are
I-96,crystal, merritt, palo, mt pleasant , orleans , these radios are available from the track for about $180. they are a receiver that will pick up lineups or yellow flags from the tower/flagman and sure will speed up the program. no more running 10 laps to get everyone in line. they are programmable for the 450-470 mhz frequency they only receive , not transmit. oldgold
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: