Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Springport no more

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Springport no more Reply with quote

So now that we'll only have one MMA track I would venture to say there's a good chance we'll be on our own. Does anyone have any ideas as to what we could do with the class. One option would be picking up the USA santion. Tough to say let's see what everyone thinks. No idea is a bad idea so let's hear what ya got.
governor72

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say we need to adopt the USA rules for Spartan and hope the rumor of Kalamazoo adding mods in 07 comes true.

Spartan would have to make Hoosier 970's available as I'm sure you will see the Zoo adapt the USA rules if this does in fact happen.

After all, the only real difference in the two rules is the tire.

The, Governor
Mod88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the USA rules are adopted along with the Hoosier 970 tire wouldn't that open it up to where you could just about run any track in Michigan plus be legal to run with USA series now and then if you wanted to? Hopefully there would be no association, decals, stickers etc. to deal with.
amgrunt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: USA MOD Rules Reply with quote

I dpn't know what the USA Mod rules are but before we jump on that band wagan we need to look real hard at the rules. Such as do they allow dry sumps and things like that. We do not want to get into a siruation where it is going to cost us thousands just to be competitive. Also on the tire rule I don't think we need to go slicks on the mods. Sure it would be fun to run on them but before you adopt them make sure you can afford to put a set on every night. With Springport closed we only have one pavement track to run aat but maybe the MMA can pick up another pavement track some where. Everyone complains about the sanction fee but give me a break if you can't afford the fee you can't afford to race anyway. If we go without a sanction from someplace it going to be pretty much run what you brung. We already have traction control in some of the mods what else would we have without a sanction of some kind.

Tom Williams
governor72

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

If you have not heard Kalamazoo will be running mods full time in 2007. The MMA and USA rules are almost identical now and no a dry sump is not legal in USA. USA has even written out the front and rear windows that were allowed the last few years.

It sounds like Kalamazoo will be using the USA rules. The tire has not yet been detirmined, but I bet it will be the Hoosier 970.

With that said the only major difference in MMA and USA is now the tire. USA as do all other tracks south of Grayling, allow the Hoosier 970. I will bet, you will see the 970 and the MMA tire both legal at Spartan next year, as I think you would see the car count dip below a reasonable level w/o the ability to line up with these other tracks.

It was different when there were 2 tracks so close together with a common sanction. Gary is aware of the current situation and I would guess he will do what is best to keep the car count as strong as possible.

Both Spartan and Kalamazoo should work out some schedule agreements and work ttogether not against each other.

The, Governor
oz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Spartan allows the 970 then they will have to switch to the American Racer street stock tire to try and be equal with the 970.The MMA tire is definately slower than the 970 and 1 inch narrower.The street stock tire is still 1 inch narrower also but a softer compound.I like the MMA tire cause they last me 6 to 8 races and stay consistant throughout their life,which saves money.But I understand it would be nice to be on the same tire as everybody else.The 970 is also a good tire and I think would be the tire of choice if it is allowed.The difficult thing about it ,I would think,is having two different tire suppliers selling tires at one track.I know the track signs a contract with MRTW so I don't know how they would allow Hoosier to come in while under contract with MRTW.I know I don't want to have to drive to Flint if I want to buy Hoosiers.That's the problem with allowing more than one tire at a track,One tire will be faster and that is what everybody will want to run.As long as they sell that tire at the track then I'm all for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: