Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Rules clarification on engine / transmission swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgrogers91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Rules clarification on engine / transmission swap Reply with quote

I have a question related to rules clarification.

Is it legal to swap engines and transmissions from the same make and model but different model years?

For example, could I take my 1998 SOHC auto Neon and put in a 1996 SOHC engine and manual trans? The only reason for going to a different model year engine is because the engine needs to be rebuilt and my spare happens to be from a 1996. As far as I know, they are identical so I don't see any problems with it.

I would appreciate any input.
Marq Eaton #12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should not matter because from 96 to 99 the engines are the same. u can't really tell that its a different motor. most people have different motor years then there cars year. as long as its the same kind of motor you are fine.

i have a 97 motor in a 98 neon and havent had any probles with tecking
jgrogers91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that is what I assumed. The block should have the build date and VIN stamped into the casting. I just didnt know how strict tech was.

What about an auto to manual conversion or vice versa?
bigboiii22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is any way that someone can tell if a car was an automatic or a manual except for the pedals and the stick shift. So as far as switching them over you should be good. We converted Lex's neon to a stick and gained about 3 tenths instantly. Also since we have no dash on any of our cars with no vin numbers showing I dont know how they would know what year your car was so as far as engine year you should be good. Hope to see you guys at spartan this year
jgrogers91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of top speeds are people reaching at the end of the straights in pony stock?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: