Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

1st annual Brian Heeney Memorial Race

View previous topic :: View next topic  
modfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: 1st annual Brian Heeney Memorial Race Reply with quote

It is good to see it has made it to the schedule, wow 100 laps with a fuel stop.This should be an awsome show on May 25th(tenativly scheduled).
With people offering to put up lap money, fast time, hard charger, and more.This should be the best mod show in the state of Michigan this year.
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100 percent. I can't wait to get out there and open them up for 100 laps. Quick question, the tires. 970's or American racer, since it's not an MMA event can we run that tire or can we run the Sportsman tire. I don't want to open up a big can of worms just thought a quick question and a quick answer would get the job done. I just want to clarify the tire options that's all.
Mod88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says on the schedule American Racer D265/60 tire or Hoosier 970.
Mopar93

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry,

I don't think the MMA deal is set in stone yet or we'd be seeing some rules by now, so we couldn't specify a particular tire for this event. However, Jim wanted to get a date set for this race and so he set his own rules on the tires for this one event.

We do not want tires to be an issue at this race. We just want as many Modifieds to show up as is possible, to come and be a part of this event. No matter what happens with the MMA, this event will not be an MMA race.

Therefore, if you want to use MMA tires, you can. If you want to use the Sportsman version of the tire, you can. If you want to run Hoosier 970's, you can. If you run Hoosiers, it doesn't matter if they have a track stamp from somewhere else or not. Just bring them and run them.

Let's make this one of the biggest events at Spartan this year. It's rather fitting being on Memorial Day Weekend.

-Maurice
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure what tires exactly were legal.
schinde

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt this will be a big event.

Especially 100 laps by the mods.

Can't wait, just flat out can't wait.

Actually, can't wait for the season to start either. How long 'til we get on the track?

I know, but I don't want to think about how much I gotta do before I'm ready to load and haul.

Too much sitting and trying to keep warm during that d**ned cold spell, my fingers and my brain don't work well when they are chilled.

But, it is warming up, the days are getting longer, and we got ourselves a real barn burner event early in the season.

Somehow, I think Brian's gonna be real pleased by this one.

Godspeed, young man.

have a good day,

schinde
governor72

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: tires Reply with quote

Maurice,

Check with Jim and see if the IMCA Hoosier dirt tire can be allowed on this special night. I have had a PM on MSTRC asking it can be used.

I see no reason not to allow it, It may be a little softer, but 100 laps will take is toll on a soft tire.

After all this night is all about fun as Brian would have wanted it.

As I see it, why not let any tire run that can be used on a mod.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: