Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Childish fits at the track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Childish fits at the track Reply with quote

Opening night was alittle upsetting and embarrasing for me. Following a
"RACING" insident, I was verbally assaulted and physically threatened by Mr. Bret McCort. as much as I tried to ignore him he just kept driving beside me and runnin his crybaby mouth. Im not sure what was running through his simple little mind, but that is not the kind of show I want to give our fans at the track. Im sure others will agree that impressions are long lasting and sometimes in a very negitive way. Now having said that, i expect that someone in charge will step up and get this kid under controll.
I dont mind turning the other cheek "ONE" time, but if he ever threatens physical harm to me or any member of my team again, i WILL NOT be so passive about it. If it happens again, Im gonna show Mr. McCort how we do things where the Nastyboi comes from. The fans will get to see a repeat of the end of the '79 Daytona 500. Im not usually bothered by such childish behavior, but I left the track feeling embarrased and cheated of a great opening night. Id like to apologize for such a negitive post, but I strongly feel that this kid needs a good "talking to" so we can go racing in a fun and entertaining way for our fans. In the future, I myself WILL NOT TOLORATE such nonsence. Thanks.
TIM SORROW
superfast14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Don't worry, I seen what happened. People will always blame those who arent at fault when they're getting their doors blown off by everyone at the track they had just won the championship at the year prior to. Brent didn't like the fact that people were blowing by him left and right...he's not used to that kinda stuff..

If you didn't notice...the officiating officials knew you werent at fault, and let you go and kicked Brent off the track...I have to say, you earned alot of respect and gained alot of fans from where I was sitting for keeping your composure under a heated battle.

Keep it up!
#87 ShortTrackTrucks.com Challenge Series
www.kylecallahanracing.com
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,
I spoke with Brett prior to the feature Sat night. He understands his actions were inapproiate and hopefully it wont happen again.
John
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the positive reply. I just wanna race and have fun with my new friends. Take care brutha
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say having 6 prominent members of the media standing in the pits with a TV camera rolling and a live radio interview taking place, to have a car go flying through the pits at triple pit speed followed by actions which would make a professional wrestler blush were not the kind of publicity the track wants or needs. SMS is very lucky those folks were distracted by their own event and also lucky one of them didn't get run over by the speeding offender. It was embarrassing.
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point Patrick. Thank you for seeing the buisness side of this issue.
queenbee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Pony Stocks Reply with quote

I've been thinking whenever anyone has a complaint about another driver that instead of putting it on the internet why not go directly to Maurice Randall and discuss it with him and have it taken care of right. This negative posting (I know you've apologized already-and thank you) can only end up hurting SMS instead of helping it.

I am positive that if you went to Maurice/an official that something would be done and hopefully the problem would be solved.

Just my opinion is all Very Happy

Thank you

Queenbee
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to argue but sometimes the only way to get the actual attention of the track is to make it public. That said I feel no one is at fault for this posting. All of it needed to be said. I would suggest talking to Maurice or some track official with the capacity to do something about it before internet bashing. Respectfully no one was being bashed here in my opinion.

Although I would like to address a couple of things and it is it Jim and Maurice. I hope that someone will create a new post on this subject, but to just start one would seem like "what is this about?". Patrick mentioned that in the background he sped through the pits. This I feel should not be tolerated period! I've been nailed for speeding because the ambulance was taking it's sweet time getting from point a to point b. So when I pulled off the track HOLY *%$^ there's an ambulance. So because I had to take evasive action I get talked to about speeding, actually I was pulling off the track and there was this big white thing with flashy lights in the way. Either way, multiple times last year cars have sped through the pits. Actually come to think of it most of the time it's always a pony stock. Guys they give you 3 caution laps once you get to your pit. Spartan last year was horrible, Springport my wife almost got run over. Actually it's a good thing I was talking to Pauly or maybe I would've lost my temper. What is it Big Ed says "Speed is for the racetrack". Through the pits is a little over idle at best I would say.

Sorry to bring this up here, I just happened to see a reference to this and thought I would get it going.
Mopar93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, I'm not finished talking to a couple of individuals over the incident in question.

There were a couple of actions displayed at the track that won't be tolerated this year. If someone needs to take a couple of weeks off or a whole season off, it will happen.

In regards to this whole incident, the one thing that bothers me the most is the loud foul language displayed by two members of the team while my mother was sitting in the pit bleachers only about 30-40 feet away. That's not going to happen again.

-Maurice
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I would like to apologize for the negitive post. I agree with you queenbee, I should have taken it to Maurice. I just wanted to avoid being labled as "that guy" who deliberatly causes an accident on the track. Yes i did run over bret, but he was already loose when i hit him and I tried to take avaisive action. In fact, I ate the wall pretty good trying to get off him. I agree with the officials when they sent me to the rear, and i went without argument. If he would have calmed down, he would have gotten his place back and the race goes on. this is the only reason I posted the incident here. please understand that I am new at this and Im learning more every week. i would never try to hurt anyone on the track. Our sport is dangerous enough without my help. So again, I am sorry to all that had to see that and i will be more careful in the future. Hopefully, bret and I can continue to race and put on a good show every week. i dont want to see him kicked off the track or even suspended because he needs to be out there with us in the show as he is a talented driver. Lets just have an understanding that we are racing and accidents will happen.
We are all aware of that and accept it every time we strap into our racecars. Thank you all for your input and comments.
TIM
jenks raceing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that everyone is handleing this nicely there has been no real bashing this is good and I'm positive that the officials will handle this situatino to the best of there ability
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the drivers that "act out" should and will be handled by the track. But it is the individual drivers not the class that is at fault. I have seen drivers in every class speed through the pit. Yes, even mod drivers have been known to misbehave on occasion. No one seemed to notice the VORA mod that sped off the track and cut cross country to his pit nearly causing an accident on the staging road. Lets not blame a class when it is a driver and / or his team that is at fault.

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis,

I'm not class bashing by any means. It's been supers, Street Stocks, Mods, you name it. One of the worst classes we had to deal with for that reason was the ASA late models. All I was saying is that we have a lot of people with little to no regard about the safety of others still walking in the pit area. I'm sorry that most of the cars I've yelled at as they have sped by have been ponies, so that made it fresh in my mind. I've seen Mods act poorly as well. Sorry if I offended anyone. If we all make a consious effort to not act so poorly we'll have a nicer environment. Racing is a passionate sport and we don't always handle ourselves the way we should but the more we try the better off we are. Always and I mean always, the more professional you conduct yourself the farther you will get with an argument.

Perry
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: