Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

BRAIN HEENEY MEMORIAL "WILD CHILD 100"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: BRAIN HEENEY MEMORIAL "WILD CHILD 100" Reply with quote

Brian Heeney "Wild Child 100" - Friday, May 25, 2007 - Spartan Speedway, Mason, MI.

100 lap feature - Fuel only stop at 50 laps - 22 Starters
Spartan Speedway Modified Rules Apply
Top 16 qualifiers lock in
Top 6 from one B Main or top 3 from two B Mains (depending on car count)
$1000 to win - $175 to start
Gates open at 2 pm - Hot laps at 3:30 pm - Qualifying at 5:30 pm - Racing at 7:30 pm
Mrs. T2

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's awesome or should I say "Wild"!!! Way To Go spartan! Can't wait!

Very Happy

www.myspace.com/prplecindy
governor72

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: additions for the "Wild Child 100" Reply with quote

Below you will find some of the committments for the Brian Heeny " Wild Child 100", I will update as I have any more come in.

Patrick Plumbing, Harold Patrick has also donated his points fund check, plus enough extra to sponsor Fast Time with 100.00 and the Hardcharger award for 100.00.

( This money and point check were added to the memorial fund deposit and checks from that account will be written for these awards.)

Home Town Finacial, from Stockbridge has asked to be the sponsor for the race and details will be posted when we work them out.

( As far as I know this Stockbridge business still plans to be the title sponsor)

Keith Thompson will also sponsor the leader on lap 34 for this race and the Charlie Ryan Jr. memorial race, with 25.00, in honor of his dad, Mert Thompson, whose car number was 34.

I will let Madd Mikes PM to me say it all.

I have $50 for the person outside of the invert who passes the most cars. A hard charger award so-to-speak for those in the back... to try and encourage some passing from back there.

I have an additional $100 bonus for the winner if he comes from outside of the invert.

I have $200 if the winner comes from the back row.

Hopefully I'll only be giving out $50...lol. But I'd like to see someone get the $100, and the $200. SO... if the winner comes from the back row, they will get the whole $350.

Which ever way it goes. I will pay the money.

Mike

( Mike, you didn't think I would loose this info did you)

Governor's Engine Service to pay 25.00 to the first hardluck driver who drops out prior to lap 50, then another 25.00 to the next hardluck driver who drops out after lap 50.

As others step up to help out I will update this post.

Please note this line from Bill's posting.

Spartan Speedway Modified Rules Apply

The, Governor

Last edited by governor72 on Mon May 21, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mopar93

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Modifieds will be at Springport Motor Speedway for the Racin' & Rockin' show on June 16, the speedway would like to add an award to the Brian Heeney Memorial race...

Racin' & Rockin' 3 and Springport Motor Speedway would like to award $100 to the driver who is in 3rd place on the 3rd lap of the second segment which would be lap 53.

-Maurice
governor72

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: another supporter Reply with quote

Here is another supporter for tne Brian Heeney "WILD CHILD 100" to be held at Spartan Friday night.

Per our conversation, Steve & I would like to put up $100 contingency $$ for the leader of the race at lap 50.

Thanks,
Michelle Smith

This generous donation comes from Steve & Michelle Smith.

Thank You much for your help.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
lilhemi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Beacon Sales Dodge sponsoring two Modifieds, the #6 of Perry Davenport & the #17 of Dusty Carl, we would like to make an announcement for the "WILD CHILD 100", of $100.00 broke up into 4 parts of $25.00 each, leader of lap #6 $25.00, leader of lap #17 $25.00, leader of lap #6 in the 2nd segment= lap#56 $25.00, and leader of lap #17 in the 2nd segment= lap#67 $25.00. We chose to break up the $100.00 to give more drivers a "piece of the pie", and to have a little extra fun at the races.

Thank you to our Spartan Speedway Family,Fans & Friends.
"TEAM DODGE" Dave,Dora & Keisha Howe / Beacon Sales.

http://myspace.com/lilhemi64
Facebook - David Howe
governor72

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: another supporter Reply with quote

Dave & Dora,

Thanks for your help in making a great event even greater.

Poor Big Ed is going to need some help in the tower just to keep this all straight.

I guess I better put together a spread sheet to keep him straight.

FYI, to all who are helping with these extra payouts.

All extra money that is being pledged will need to be handled thru me, as the track will only be handling the normal purse.

Anyone who is pledging this extra will need to bring it around to my trailer as early as possible with an enveplope that we can mark and seal.

These extra payouts will take place at my trailer following the feature.

Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brian Heeney Memorial Race is Sponsored by Home Towne Financial. When you see Jim Cole in the pit area please thank him for his sponsorship. Jim has been supporting racers for a long time. Thanks Jim.
Big Ed

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about me Governor, the "Racin Hippie", and Racin & Rockin has me prepared for such an event. It's a blast to have all these "extra" incentive cash prizes.

I know how you and Deb are, so I know you'll have it all spelled out for me, with names and amounts, and we'll do our best to give each and every sponsor their just due.

I'd also like to take this time to thank Jim Cole and Home Towne Financial for stepping up and sponsoring this Memorial event. Along with all you great people putting up money as extra incentives for these mod drivers. Brian was a great friend to many at Spartan Speedway, and it has been very apparent he has been missed this season. Whenever I see Bill in that replica #1, it pulls at my heart a little. This event will be a wonderful rememberance of one of our very own.

I couldn't be prouder than to be part of this awesome Spartan Family that knows how to treat, and remember, the ones we love, and hold dear!!!!

God Speed Wild Child!!!!!

Big Ed
Mrs. T2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just gets better and better! I am so impressed with everything you have all done that every time I get on to check out the updates I say "Wow, that's awesome, that's so wild" to myself each and every time. You are all making so many people proud and that is so wonderful to see. After all the things this Spartan Family has been through, it's time we see some wonderful!

governor72

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Here is an update for the Brian Heeney "Wild Child" 100,

Title Sponsor, Home Town Financial, Eaton Rapids.

100.00, to Leader at lap 50, Steve & Michelle Smith, Jim Coffey & Son Plumbing & Heating Jackson.
50.00, 25$ to 6th at lap 50 & 100, Schindewolf Racing, The Racing Hippie, Matt Schindewolf.
25.00ea, 3rd & 4th place at lap 34. Kieth Thompson, in honor of Mert Thompson who drove #34.
100.00, Fast Time, Harold Patrick, Patrick Plumbing.
100.00, Hard Charger. Harold Patrick, Patrick Plumbing.
25.00, 1st Hardluck driver to drop out before lap 50, Governor's Engine Service.
25.00, 1st Hardluck driver to drop out after lap 50, Governor's Engine Service.
100.00, 3rd place on lap 53, Maurice Randall, Racin' & Rocin' 3 Show & Springport Motor Speedway.
50.00, Hardcharger who started behind invert (can't Scratch time), Madd Mike Stenberg.
100.00, Winner if started behind invert (can't Scratch time), Madd Mike Stenberg.
200.00, Winner if comes from the back row (can't Scratch time) Madd Mike Stenberg.
25.00, Leader at lap 6, Dave & Dora Howe, Beacon Sales, Charlotte.
25.00, Leader at Lap 17, Dave & Dora Howe Beacon Sales, Charlotte.
25.00, Leader at Lap 56, Dave & Dora Howe, Beacon Sales. Charlotte.
25.00, Leader at Lap 67, Dave & Dora Howe, Beacon Sales, Charlotte.
50.00 All Star Gift Cert, 1st non transfer driver, All American Race Supply, John Mamula.
50.00 All Star Gift Cert, Most Laps Lead, All American Race Supply, John Mamula.
<<<Please>>>
27.00, 1st Place on Lap 27, Weiler Motor Sports, #27 Nyle Weiler.

All totaled, there will be 1027.00 in cash and 100.00 in gift cert for the "Wild Child 100"
This is over and above the 1000.00 to win from the regular purse.

BUT I'M Sure we will have some additional support before the race starts.

Thank You so much for the support of this first ANNUAL event,

governor72

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more update:

Engine Machine Shop in Potterville is putting up

$1 per lap for any lap lead, if someone leads the entire race, it is worth $100.00 to them, five laps would be $5.00, 25 laps, 25$, etc.

Thank You so much for the support of this first ANNUAL event,

schinde

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite the mod special to honor Brian Heeney "The Wild Child" in the first Annual Brian Heeney 100 at Spartan Speedway.

As I was grounded by those who know better (doctor) and told me, "no, given your back and neck problems, you are not running one hundred laps" (hell, they don't want me running regular mod races, but begging and a Hutchens has allowed them to feel a little bit more at ease to let me race this season and put surgery off until fall), I ended up being a spectator, and also taking care of the scoring for the contingency prizes. So, here is what I can tell you about a great mod race last night at the Track The Stars Call Home, Spartan Speedway.

With a total car count of thirty mods taking qualifying laps, including dirt standouts Fowler, Brad Roberts and Rick Gokee putting on a show for those who aren't used to seeing dirt mod's running on asphalt tracks, (Gokee really did it up right, looking right at home on asphalt and running his car on the "upper groove, just as if he was on a dirt track) the field ended up being narrowed down, with a twenty five lap consi being needed to set it.

At the start, Brian Nester took the point for laps one and two, with Bud Perry taking over from there and running strong most of the race. On lap 82, Larry Wallace took over and lead the rest of the way to take home the honors in the First Annual Brian Heeney Memorial.

A good clean race, with only a few incidents, one being a nasty driver's side hit by Nyle Weiler into the front stretch, turn one wall, thankfully Nyle was ok, but his car will need some tender loving care to get it ready for next week. Also, 911, also known as Dick Maurer, did a fine job of controlling his car after his motor blew coming down the front stretch, keeping it out of the wall and getting it off the track quickly into the turn two chute without much oil being laid down. Harry Foote, after running very strong all during the day, lost an axle early in the race, taking him out of competition, and Jason Parish, winning a heat race and the Consi, had some bad luck with a broken shifter, causing him to miss the start and rejoin the field in lap two. Perry Davenport also missed the start with a problem, but they both came back on lap two and put on a fine show for the rest of the race.

Larry Wallace, starting in ninth place for the race, and also being the fast qualifier, ended up being the Hard Charger, well earned Larry.

Bud Perry led the most laps and set a very good pace for the majority of the race until Larry finally chased him down for the coveted win. Another Hard Charger for the race was Matt Szecsodi, who also did a fine job for not running at Spartan on any regular basis.

The contingency prize winners were as follows:

Bud Perry, most laps lead and leader on various laps that were listed for contingency.

Larry Wallace, Hard Charger and Fast Qualifier.

7th place on lap 7 was Wallace, on Lap 34, 3rd place went to Ron Parish, and 4th place went to son Harry Parish.

6th place on lap 50 went to m1, Bill Butler.

6th place on lap 100 went to the Oz man.

Lap 80, fourteenth place went to Earl, "The Pearl" Miles.

Lap 53, 3rd place went to Larry Wallace.

Hard Luck for the first fifty laps went to Harry Foote.

Hard luck after the first 50 laps went to Dick Maurer.

Hard Charger outside the invert went to Matt Szescodi.

Overall, a great bunch of contingency prizes, and a great race run by mid Michigan's best modifieds and best drivers. Congratulations to all, and I missed running with you, believe me, I missed it badly.

so,

have a great Memorial Day, and

have a good day,

schinde
Mrs. T2

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way To Go Mods!!! It was my favorite race of the night! The dirt cars coming to have fun was so cool too-I can't wait to get back to the dirt track and watch those guys beekuzz they are just sweet in action at their tracks! Everyone that sponsored this race should be so proud of yourselves because along with the drivers you all put on an awesome 1st Annual Wild Child 100!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: