Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

A different idea.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cmon Brian! I was simply gunna request that we all drive in a "see thru" racing suit. No one would be naked.
some day racing naked will catch on, but you all will never know beekuzz you wont try it. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
queenbee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok!!!! Tim Sorrow, we've heard enough about racing naked .... someone has to start it - I mean the "Trean" sooooooooo...the only person that I could think of to start it would be the one that's been on the chat room dieing to have it....Yes..YOU...my friend...I'll be expecting to see YOU naked on Friday night...and in order for me to see this you must get out of your car and run around your car 3 times so that we know it's you (of course with the helmet off). The reason for this is so that we... up in the tower can be sure we have the right driver driving your car Very Happy

So, can I expect this????

Queenbee Rolling Eyes LOL
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! I knew it would be you to call me out. The only thing that would prevent me from doin that is my fear of bein arrested. LOL... otherwise, i would not just run around the car 3 times, but I would runaround the track 3 times bouncin and hangin and draggin everything!
TIM
queenbee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C H I C K E N !!!!!!! All you got to do is out wit and out run them there cops...It's been awhile since I've seen a strecker Razz

Hey, maybe I could take up a collection if you get busted ....

LOL
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

convince Doug to flag the race naked and you got a deal! Shocked Shocked While the cops are dealing with him, Ill streak the frontstretch!
Bardenracing42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God.....I opened a can of worms there, didn't I?

Just to get everyone refocused....does anyone have any ideas on prizes and awards that can be given if and when we do this?

I am throwing in two passes to celebration cinema.

Other things that could be helpful if anyone has connections:

More movie passes
Gift certificates to various restraunts
Vouchers for hotel rooms
Vouchers for Car Rentals
Airline tickets
Movie rentals
Tickets to anything (concerts, amusement parks, etc.)
Nascar race tickets

I am going for prizes that would make up cool dates for our participants to win.

I am still looking at potential dates, and have a couple in mind but still have to talk to Maurice
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
All jokes aside, this is a great idea. I think everyone involved will have a blast. For me, it will be a great way to show my girl how much I appreciate her and all she does. If it wasnt for her, i wouldnt have been able to race with you all last year. We went to the races nearly every week and I know she could see it in my eyes (how badly I wanted to drive a racecar,) but I just couldnt afford to get started. She handed me $1000.00 cash, and told me to go find a racecar. Thats when we bought the GrandAm from George Wyers. Dude i was so happy and Im thankful every day that she is in my life. Anyway, this race will be a way to give somethin back to her and have her experience the thrill I get every time I pull out onto that track. I will do some checkin around regarding the prizes and see what I can come up with.
Take care brutha.
TIM
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong?! Was my last posting too sentimental? Geez you all just left me hangin on that one Embarassed
Bardenracing42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we were left speechless, Tim.

Seriously, there really isn't much more to say until we have a date to run the "date race". I have talked with Maurice about a couple dates, and one has emerged as being better than the other, but there is nothing to announce at this time.

Also, I really would like to have some nice contingency awards to hand out for this race, and securing the things I have in mind is a long process. Ultimately, I would like to have a weekend getaway somewhere for the winning couple, but that is a huge task getting donations for hotel, airfare, car rental, food, attractions, etc. Corporate America doesn't seem to care to donate things like that to us little guys (but that really shouldn't surprise us, should it?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: