Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Racin & Rockin III Format questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governor72

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Racin & Rockin III Format questions Reply with quote

Maurice,

I was talking with some of the Mod drivers last night @ Kalamazoo as some will not be going to the USA show @ M40 and have interest, but would like to know more about the format etc.

Will there be any min quaranteed purse?
If so what will it be?
Start money?
How many laps?
How many will lock in.
Will there be any heat races or just a LCQ?
How many cars will you start? ( I would suggest 24 )

I told them about the qualifying deal and they think this is neat.

Let me know and I will make some phone calls, to help bring in some cars.
Call me on my cell 517-712-8122

The, Governor / Dan Logan
sweeper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

You and Oz did a great job Friday night in the feature. Running side by side for 18 laps. Great job!

Sweeper
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mopar93

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Will there be any min quaranteed purse?
If so what will it be?
Start money?

The purse is not guaranteed. It is based entirely on the general admission. The purse will be made up the same way we do it on our normal weekly events:
We save 10 percent of the front gate to put towards the championship point fund.
We are taking $360 out each week to help finance our traveling shows.
The remainder is the total purse. In the first two years, we had 1600-2000 people in the stands. We are anticipating at least this amount and most likely more, so the purse at $10 per adult ticket should be fairly good.
The Modified purse will be 28.8 percent of the total purse. Example: If the total purse is $15,000 then the Modifieds will share $4320 of that. The winner's share rounds off in $5 increments and would be $530. The only guarantee is start money. No matter what the crowd count is, start money will be $75 or higher. Anyone failing to make the feature will also get $75.
Quote:

How many laps?

The Modifieds will run 30 laps.
Quote:

How many will lock in.

16 will lock in, 8 will race in through the last chance race(s).
Quote:

Will there be any heat races or just a LCQ?

No heat races for the Mods. There is a fast car dash, one or more last chance races, and the feature. The Modified fast car dash payout is guaranteed as:
1st $400
2nd $300
3rd $200
4th $100
Quote:

How many cars will you start? ( I would suggest 24 )

24. I also reserve the right to start more than this based on the turnout, the competitiveness of the field, and several other factors.

If anyone is thinking about racing anywhere else on June 16, keep in mind there is only one Racin' & Rockin' show and it happens once a year at Springport Motor Speedway. You can race your Modified at other tracks throughout the year, but this race and the Michigan Cup in September are the only two races in 2007 for the Modifieds at Springport. We hope to have a huge turnout of Modifieds all racing for the distinct bragging rights of winning the 2007 Racin' & Rockin' III.

-Maurice
governor72

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: more info needed Reply with quote

Maurice,

Harry Foote is asking for more info about the SLM portion of Racin & Rockin.

He would like to bring both Mod & SLM next wekend.

Which tire, will 970's be allowed?

Keep in mind with Kalamazoo, Owosso & Angola all off, you might have the best showing of SLM if they could run their track tire which is 970's

Harry feels the 970 would not compete with the Mc Creary slick and it does not make since to buy tires for one show.

I know some SLM from Spartan already have 970's they use at Owosso and Angola.

If you want to talk to Harry for his input call my cell and I will give you his phone number.

Dan
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: more info needed Reply with quote

governor wrote:
Maurice,

Harry Foote is asking for more info about the SLM portion of Racin & Rockin.

He would like to bring both Mod & SLM next wekend.

Which tire, will 970's be allowed?

Keep in mind with Kalamazoo, Owosso & Angola all off, you might have the best showing of SLM if they could run their track tire which is 970's

Harry feels the 970 would not compete with the Mc Creary slick and it does not make since to buy tires for one show.

I know some SLM from Spartan already have 970's they use at Owosso and Angola.

If you want to talk to Harry for his input call my cell and I will give you his phone number.

Dan

From the SpringportMotorSpeedway.com website on R&RIII rules

http://springportmotorspeedway.com/newsms/info/rrschedule.php

The following tires will be allowed for the Super Late Models:

American Racer: EC21 left side, EC31 right side
Hoosier: 3035 left side, 3045 right side
Hoosier: 970 left and right

Only above combinations allowed, no mixing.
KT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, Angola is running is running June 16th. They are running all classes plus short track trucks. SLM is paying $1000 to win. Flat Rock, K-Zoo, Berlin, Auto City and Owosso are not running SLM that night. This show has the potential for a big SLM turnout. I would agree with Harry that buying 4 tires doesn't make sense, especially when they are only guaranteed $100. They have no idea what they are racing for.

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
Mopar93

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't added it to the R&R rules yet, but the following combination which is used at Flat Rock will also be allowed for the SLM:

Hoosier 3025 left, 3035 right.

I'm trying to make this an affordable show for everyone by not requiring anyone to buy new tires unless they want to. I think there are enough tires floating around to take care of everyone. Plus, everyone who races at Spartan can run their impounded tires if they'd like to. We will take care of transporting them to/from Spartan.

There are enough Supers coming who would like to race at Springport this year and who are willing to race for a variable purse based entirely on the general admission crowd count. This event has always drawn a very good crowd even without the Supers being there.

Plus, the Supers also have a guaranteed $400 to win fast car dash.

This is the first time the Super Late Models have been run at the Racin' & Rockin' show. I hope that fact alone will draw many extra fans to help enhance the purse.

-Maurice
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: