Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Snap-On 60
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Snap-On 60 Reply with quote

Now I gotta say, that was a lot of fun !

Even though we had an early problem.. it was a blast to be back out with the Ponies and we are looking forward to next week already.

Congrats to the #95 of Dennis O'Neil, he ran a hell of a race and if he hadn't gotten tangled up in a pit road slow down would have had the opportunity to race for the win.

A really strong 2nd place finish, thumbs up G'OG !
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realy wanted to be there for that one. Work is completely taking over my life. They already increased the hours so I cant run at Spartan anymore. Havent had time to help John Ward put the finishing touches on the Neon beekuzz they keep makin me stay late all week. I realy miss racin. So I realy feel ya on that one Patrick. (bein away i mean)
Anyway, I hope you all had fun and i would love to see the video if anyone got it recorded. Take care all!
TIM
BT_RACING

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: snap on 60 Reply with quote

alot of fun last night ,like to do it again it was agreat night for team coyote a good night for team dodge.
rooster07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt make it but who won?
Mopar93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Bohne won, Dennis O'Neil was second, and Steve Wrenn was third.

The pit action really determined the outcome of the race as Darren had an outstandiing pit stop early in the race. Dennis took over the lead and held it for 41 laps until he pitted. He got caught up behind Jerry LaFontaine as Jerry was entering pit road with a flat tire. That along with a slightly slower pit stop by the O'Neil crew allowed Darren to take the lead with 17 laps to go.

Overall, everyone had a great time and the fans loved it. Ed Inloes did his always outstanding job of announcing the race lap after lap and kept the fans informed all along the way.

-Maurice
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to all the participants in the Pony stock SNAP-ON 60. You were all part of history making event!!

Maurice deserves a giant THANK YOU for his vision,determination and hard work in making this event the premier Pony event ever.

Thank you to Yogi, J.T., Shawn and Sherry for the excellent pit road service. With out your outstanding effort we would not have had a chance.

Thanks to Dave and Dora Howe for the special contingency monies they paid out. You guys are great!!!!!

Thanks to Old Mill Restuarant, Advance Auto Parts in Charlotte, Joe's Body and Paint, Beacon Sales and O'Neils Auto Repair manager Steve Wrenn, for all the help and hard work it takes to give us a chance to run up front.

Thanks to Todd Metz #79, Gary Sanfillippo #7 and Steve Wrenn #94 for representing O'Neils Auto Repair so well.

The most important thank you of all goes to the Springport fans. You have stuck by the track all season. We appreciate you more than we can say.

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
Mopar93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to give each and everyone involved with the program last night a great big THANK YOU. That 60 lap Pony Stock race was one of the most enjoyable Pony races I've ever witnessed.

What kept this race so interesting was the fact that there was almost always at least one car and sometimes 2 or 3 cars in the pits at all times. It must have seemed like an eternity for the drivers waiting in the pits while their car is being serviced as the rest of the field keeps going around and around.

This whole race was not only much longer than we normally run, but it also had some other differences as well besides the mandatory green flag pit stop. Once the race got underway, there was one caution that came out on lap 17. For the restart, we used a NASCAR rule that allows the lapped cars to go to the inside while the lead lap cars stay on the outside for a double file restart.. This allows the lead lap cars to get bunched up while also allowing a lapped car to have a better chance at unlapping himself.

We only had one stop and go penalty. It was imposed on the #79 driven by Todd Metz after being clocked going too fast on pit road when he made a stop during the lap 17 caution period.

There are a few tweaks needed that we will apply for the next event like this which will be for the Pure Stocks on July 28. The most important tweak will involve how we will handle a situation where a car is in the pits for a mandatory stop and the caution flag then comes out. What we will do is the officials on pit road will make the crew immediately stop working on the car. Then once the green comes back out, work may resume.

I want to extend a big thank you to Bill Hartsuff who is our local SnapOn Tools dealer in the area for helping to make this event possible. Bill donated all the hats, t-shirts, fender covers, gloves, and other SnapOn goodies for the event.

Thanks again to everyone who was at the track last night, the employees, drivers, crewmembers, and especially the die-hard racing fans we get in the stands every week.

-Maurice
Mathias

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first time at your track. I was part of the crew for Patrick on the #37 and meant several of you all. Even though the car didn't fair too well after it's debut in Auto-X (never seen a neon get air like that!), I had a great time! A nice facility and several drivers and teams that know that racing is a sport/hobby about FUN competition and helping each other to compete.
I'm looking forward to coming down again. Perhaps for the next Snap-On event.
Thank you to the friendly folks at Springport!
Matt
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Bob Cantine got the #37 in full flight ?
cajracing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis ONeil wrote:
Congratulations to all the participants in the Pony stock SNAP-ON 60. You were all part of history making event!!

Maurice deserves a giant THANK YOU for his vision,determination and hard work in making this event the premier Pony event ever.

Thank you to Yogi, J.T., Shawn and Sherry for the excellent pit road service. With out your outstanding effort we would not have had a chance.

Thanks to Dave and Dora Howe for the special contingency monies they paid out. You guys are great!!!!!

The most important thank you of all goes to the Springport fans. You have stuck by the track all season. We appreciate you more than we can say.

I would have to say, Dennis hit the nail on the head with this one. Thanks to all of you! Can't wait to do this again!!!!

Steve
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve.. you made one great run also.. you guys put in a ton of hard work last week and especially near the deadline to get that car back in tip-top shape and WOW! did it make a difference.
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: The 60 Reply with quote

I would just like to add that was a great time. We blew another motor in the pure but it made my night a whole lot better pitting for Dan Gokee, my cousin. He did a great job finishing 4th. Seeing the ponies race from the infield was a whole new perspective. I absolutley loved it. I hope this becomes an annual event!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: also... Reply with quote

The rest of you drivers did a great job with the pit stops and such. You all made it very entertaining. Even you "AIR" Patrick!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: also... Reply with quote

Sortabigg wrote:
The rest of you drivers did a great job with the pit stops and such. You all made it very entertaining. Even you "AIR" Patrick!
Damn it Steve.. if we'd had you in the car, it might not have gotten off the ground and not broke !! BIG DADDY STEVE ORTA FLIGHT PREVENTION PONY PACKAGE.. guaranteed ZERO vertical leap !
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Lift Off! Reply with quote

Dammit Patrick! Always with the Fat jokes! lol J/K. The Flight Prevention Package will cost you BIG bucks! LOL. or maybe enough to get another motor. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: