Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Racing???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldgold

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Racing??? Reply with quote

how long are you guys going to allow the crap that took place in fig 8 to continue. Ray should have cleaned his clock,i would have.and whats this story of cutting the purse because times are hard, our car alone brought 24 people and there were plenty of people in the stands,SOS. new season. our car alone spent 250.00 for food and pit passes, and fuel for a whopping 25.00 . these are the comments of old gold and i alone am responsible for them ,others can have their own say.
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: driving... Reply with quote

That dirty driving by the 80x was uncalled for! Nobody likes to get passed but some of us have a little restraint. Low Down Dirty Driving. Say what you want about it, it was obvious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oldracer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay oldgold what about when you drove your car over the owosso speedway owners car after he bumped you!!
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldracer wrote:
hay oldgold what about when you drove your car over the owosso speedway owners car after he bumped you!!

Okay I'm not sure what you are talking about....BUT, when you have been warned numerous times to keep your driving clean (such as the #80 and his buddy the #83) and continue to drive like *ssholes, I don't think you should be given a 12th, 13th, 14th, etc, chance to NOT drive like an *sshole! I saw the #74 in this past figure 8, have PLENTY of chances to drive like an *ss, but he didn't. For example, he was coming towards turn 3 and there was a lapped car in front of him. Going through the turn, he could've just nailed him and sent him flying out of the way, but he slowed down, waited until they got through the turn, and passed him. I don't see much of that happening with the aforementioned drivers.
A lot of drivers do things they shouldn't, but most of them don't do it again after they are warned. And I saw an example last weekend of what happens when you drive like an smartypants...The driver that you kept getting into will come over and sock you in the face, right on the racetrack while everyone is at a stand still...and a whole slew of County Sheriff's will be waiting when you get done!
rooster07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez old gold
NONEYA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, OldGold, seems like you don't them drivers too much, personal is it?
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys imagining things on here or what? Old Gold's original post was from MAY if you were paying any attention. And he didn't mention anything about anyone, except for Ray needing to clean someone's clock, and I'm assuming that was because that someone was driving like a jerk. And he posted 1 message in this thread, and 1 only...where are you getting these ideas from? I am so beyond confused as to what either of you guys are even talking about. And why would any of it be personal? He hasn't raced in the figure 8 since last year. And that was a one time thing at the end of the season. I am not oldgold, so if you are talking about things I've said, then just say so.
NONEYA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright then I was referring to you iluvracing84, why so defensive? These are our opinion and we have a right to put them on here just like you do.
seadorfj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mentality is what is wrong with racing today. Even if the 80 car was driving the dirtiest race you've ever seen, that still doesn't give ANYONE the right to physically assualt you. And yes there were six sheriff's waiting at the pits, so that the 80 could press charges. You see, he's not the type of ignorant person that would sucker punch someone through their window, especially when the person you are trying to punch has a fire suit, and HELMET on! The guy that punched him looked like an a**hole, not the 80 (and after further discussion it was revealed that the driver that hit the 80 is barred from at least three other tracks for the same BS) If the 80 had half of the ignorant mentality that people like you do, he would have beat that guy's a**, and not have handled it the ADULT way (oh and the LEGAL way) through the sheriff's, and track officials. And since the last race was the 83's third, how has he been warned numerous times? He hasn't. And you shouldn't post about things you really have no idea about. Because you are part of the 74 team OF COURSE you think he's perfect and never drives dirty. It's always the other guys's fault right? So it must of been the 83's fault that he got PUSHED into the x and almost wrecked, not the 74 behind him, cause he's a perfect driver and never bangs into anyone, or did you just miss that part? Yes, the 80 got into the driver that hit him ONCE, and maybe that has something to do with that driver being the SLOWEST car on the track, and the 80 being the FASTEST. As for when the other driver wiped out, the 80 was no where around him!
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: 74... Reply with quote

The 74 is not perfect, but dirty he is not. Everyone bumps and bangs (as was mentioned before). He does not wreck anyone on purpose. People racing figure 8's should have thier wits about them. Some don't
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
seadorfj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People running the figure 8's should have their wits about them? Anyone with half of their wits, wouldn't run that race at all! And like I said at the begining of my previous post, there are two sides to every story. You see what the 80 and 83 do as sometimes dirty, while their fans do not. We see what the 74 does as sometimes dirty, while his fans do not. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
bone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

figure 8 racing is full contact racing, theres no way to pass the amount of cars that need to be passed or lapped in the amount of time given on the 8 track without contact. its gonna happen. moving people is part of 8 racing.

it needs to be done to win, wrecking people does not. ive accedentaly spun a car on the last lap for the lead and waited for him to repass me even though we were very close for the championship, if he had just slid up the track and kept going after i passed him it woulda been fair play.

the action and bumpin is what keeps figure 8 racing rockin to the fans. again its full contact, this aint the oval folks. these guys are riskin there a$$es for a good purse and acctept the responsibility that there saftey or there car could be at stake. if ya havent admitted that to yourself stay turning right. Laughing
GET BENT
gokeegang

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is to inform all of you who continually post that the 83 car is a rookie driver they do not know what they are talking about because as my memory serves me right James Clark ran a full season at Dixie Motor Speedway about 5 years ago and I have it on tape. So then again people get on hear and run there mouths and do not know the facts because how can you be a rookie and race the figure 8 for a full season at dixie. I also find it funny when people sit in the stands and drink all night seem to think they can make every call that happens on the speedway.
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with bone, and I believe I made that point in the thread "The Figure 8 race on sunday". Plain and simple, people are going to get into each other, it's figure 8's, but purposely wrecking people and sending them flying into next week should NOT be a part of that.

And in response to seadorfj:
I never said anyone had the right to hit anyone for anything. And we really don't know if Jeff is smart enough not to find that guy who punched him after the races and beat the crap out of him. What we do know is he wasn't stupid enough to do it with 6 sherriff's waiting.
And I've seen the 83 race before this, not even at spartan. He seems to drive like his friend Jeff. And I remember the figure 8 about a month ago he, and jeff, and jim, were all warned about rough driving. So it's not like he hasn't ever been warned before. He's been around the track, even if he hasn't raced, and he'd have to be stupid to not know what is okay to do and what is not okay. Anyone with any common sense can see what is right and wrong.
And no, I don't think 74 NEVER drives dirty. But I think in that last race in July, he was doing his best to NOT drive dirty, and for that, I am giving him credit. And I believe that's why he won.
And Jeff being the fastest car on the track, (might I add only by like 3 thousanths of a second that night), does not give him the right to get into someone just because they are the slowest car on the track. Go around.

It just bugs me that everyone sees that a flagman has warned people with a black flag, or that Jim Leasure will actually walk out onto the track and personally warn them, and then people come on here and preach about how these people did nothing wrong. I don't think someone would get black flagged for a "tap" as someone so-called it.

Like I said, we all see things differently in a figure 8 race, or in any race. I personally watch the 74, the 80, and the 83, because I know they don't like each other, and I know there has been lots of drama between them. I am not knocking anyone for their opinions, so dont do it to me when I state mine. They are opinions. The aren't right or wrong, they are just how we each see things. But when everyone sees the same thing, you can't deny what has happened. But when does that happen? Probably never, because like I said, we all watch our own "favorites" in these races, and don't always know what is going on with everyone else. I just know that if the officials are saying someone did something wrong, we can only assume that they did something wrong, right?
seadorfj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I will not deny, I do sit in the stands and drink all night. I also have a great time I might add. BUT BEFORE I comment on this board I ALWAYS re-watch the race on tape, so I can make an educated response. I never said Jeff was a perfectly clean driver, like someone else said about Jim. And if you read my whole post you would see that it wasn't just about Jeff being the fastest car on the track, but that it was this lapped cars FAULT for not getting down, like they MAKE you in the roundy round or he WOULD have gone around. As for the last race in July, where Jim was driving so clean, I did see that Jim NAILED James into the X to get around him for the lead, (maybe if James would have gotten out of his car, and sucker punched Jim through the window, they'd be saying Jim was a dirty driver too!) so say what you want, like I said before, two sides to every story. As for James being a rookie, maybe we should clarify that he is a rookie AT SPARTAN (only three races, that qualifies in my book)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Figure 8 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: