Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Rule change for RWD cars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mopar93

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Rule change for RWD cars Reply with quote

For the rear wheel drive Pure Stocks, locked rear ends are now permitted at Spartan Speedway and Springport Motor Speedway. The rule change goes in effect immediately.

The ruling was initally made at Spartan Speedway and carried over to Springport Motor Speedway. This was done to be more equal with Pure Stock rules at other area tracks.

-Maurice
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it safe to assume then that Russ, Myself, Derek and Josh will be running four car heats then ?
Mopar93

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After your heat races had run this past Saturday, I realized that we should have put the four FWD cars in their own heat. Sorry I wasn't paying attention to the FWD car count, but also, nobody asked me about it either.

So yes, if there are 4 FWD Pure Stocks again, you guys will run your own heat race. And you might also be running your own feature. Not 100 percent sure about that yet, it all depends on the RWD car count too.

Our total Pure Stock car count was pretty good last Saturday. I think we're on a roll overall. Let's keep it up.

-Maurice
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice.. Keith Holden is working hard on the Black Regal and he hopes to have it done by Saturday.

Ed Hiser has been dealing with some personal issues and hasn't made as much progress on the blue cutlass as I had hoped, but if we are lucky, it might still get out this month.

Todd Metz is still working on the Silver 88, but his own car problems, plus the various ills of other cars have made space and time very limited in the O'Neil Garage and we haven't made much progress recently on that car.

I have the motor for the Red Grand Prix, as soon as we get the #37 Neon done, we'll start on the #94. In a perfect world, it'd be done this weekend, but I'd be surprised if it was before next weekend.

Anyone interested in getting into the FWD Pure Stock division -- Brian Jenks has a Dodge race ready minus a clicky motor... he'll sell it for $700 and you'll need to add another $350 into a new motor and the time to get it installed.

I think Terry Winstead has a car for sale also... though then I heard that maybe he was going to keep it for the Corn Harvest race up in Muir.. I guess you'd have to catch up with Terry at Spartan on a Friday Night and ask him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: