Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pure Stock V8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monzilla80

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Pure Stock V8 Reply with quote

Who thinks all of the Pure Stock RWD, including the 999 truck should be allowed to run a V8?
circle8track

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings on this one. I would like to see you get faster and I know the only way that is going to happen is to get a better engine in that truck, but on the other hand I want a Big block in my car, but they didn't come with one so I can't have one. I guess as long as it a stock chassis and a "stock" engine out of a ford then I suppose I would be for it.
Pure Stock #8
2007 Spartan Speedway Track Champion
2006 Racin' and Rockin' Winner
monzilla80

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure if I checked the VIN on your old Buick, it didnt come with a 350ci SBC either. Should all the metric G bodies or standard A bodies be allowed to run SBC if they didnt come with them? Its a grey area also. Many Buicks, Poniacs and Chevys came with 305, 4.3L or 3.8L. A 350ci wasnt an option in all of the cars being run.

I will stick to the 351ci limit designated for Ford engines. There is no arguable reason I cant have one. Im driving a truck chassis. Theres is not one other truck at that track. If a truck was a big advantage, everyone would drive one. So why not?

My only other suggestion is the pure stock class will be made to have all vehicle with proper VIN plates and checked for the correct engines, transmissons and rear axles that are stock to that vehicle.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike.. I think you should be able to run a V-8.
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: wheres waldo? i mean aaron Reply with quote

Why arent you at the Mi Cup???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
circle8track

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you make a good point. My buick had a VIN code R (I think), which made it an Olds motor, but my Monte Carlo now has the exact factory setup in it. But at the same time if you get to put a 351 in your ranger, I'm selling the Monte Carlo and buying an S-10 and putting my engine in it. That would be fun, my S-10 was fast when I raced it in the 4 cyl., I couldn't imagine how fast it will be with my race motor in it.
Pure Stock #8
2007 Spartan Speedway Track Champion
2006 Racin' and Rockin' Winner
monzilla80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can run a V8 in an S10. They were made by Holden. A company owned by GM. Its the same company that makes the new GTO and the Pontiac G8. Produced strictly for Australia. Except the GTO and G8 are now being sold here. We got screwed on the truck and have a Colorado instead.

So if they are not going to check the VIN on vehicles. Id say I can provide you with the correct documents and a V8 S10 will be racing at Spartan Speedway next year. 100% legally.
allhailfaz13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u should be able to have a v8 because if u do then u can hang with the rest of us. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: