Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Should they try ABC Mini-stocks @ Springport

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should they try ABC Mini-stocks @ Springport?
yes
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
no
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Gusey Racing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Should they try ABC Mini-stocks @ Springport Reply with quote

I really think it would help boost car counts for the track and really help Maurice if he tried this.
From what I hear and read there isn't a lot of places running rwd 4 cylinders any more. Peope have them settin around.
I remember The Racers Rumble a Springport a few years ago and the Fwd regulars that showed up could hang with the rwd. Made for a good show. They had quite a few show up.
Just an idea. Idea Very Happy
Bardenracing42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I would get laughed at (and maybe deservedly so on this thought), it might be interesting to have the 4 cyl fwd, 4cyl rwd, and 6 cyl fwd cars run as an ABC class. Ok go ahead and laugh, cry, cuss or whatever......it's just a thought.

But in doing this your lineup on a regular Sat. night would be
1. ABC RWD cars
2. ABC FWD cars (with 4cyl RWD cars)
3. Econo - modifieds (If this goes, not looking too good right now)
4. One traveling/visiting series

This would mean that just about anything that is a racecar could show up and race at springport. If there is anything that would help our car counts it would be having the reputation that Springport is a track that if you show up, you will race and run a feature.......guaranteed.
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pony class at Springport has become a viable stand alone class with at least ten more cars being added to the field by spring.

The last thing it needs is to have a major rule change now!

Pitting the current ponies against a run what you brung type of A B C racing challenge would open the series up to increased costs thus driving new comers away.

The reason this is being looked at in rear wheel drive stock cars is because the rules have been changed so often at so many tracks that there are many RWD stock cars sitting around not being run. These are the cars ABC series racing would be hoping to lure.

The pony class is building new cars and growing with a simple set of rules that are helping to keep it affordable.

Leave it alone!!!!!!!

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could allow the RWD mini stocks to run with the ABC stock car series.

After all they would be faster than some of the V-8 pures.

KT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis ONeil wrote:
The pony class at Springport has become a viable stand alone class with at least ten more cars being added to the field by spring.

How do you know this? Just asking because I heard 200+ cars for the Michigan Cup and other numbers before the season last year.

In my opinion the pony stock is stagnet. By that I mean the class isn't growing. I look at how Berlin started a 4 cyl. fwd class this year and ran them about 6 times, by the last race they had over 30 cars. Spartan has had this division for about 5 years now and they don't get 30 and Springport doesn't get 20. WHY? I have my ideas as to why but I would like to see what others have to say before I post mine.

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KT wrote:
Dennis ONeil wrote:

How do you know this?
I know that Dennis has three new cars coming; Matt Varnier has a new car coming; Edson Rawley's brother is finishing a Neon; Evan Barrett's team is building two. Joe Dirt is renting one of his out; Alec Hill will be back next year with a new Neon. Kara LaFontaine is getting a full time car. That's 10 there. There are a couple other people out there which are more "might be" types.. but I'd say the above 10 are pretty solid.
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith thanks for your opinion. My comments were in reference to Springport not Spartan sorry for the confusion.

I worked to increase the pony field at Springport, by this seasons finish the O'Neils racing team had grown to 5 cars with 4 of the drivers being racing rookies. We did not have any cars in 06.

If the class is stagnet at Spartan maybe the track management should work harder at stopping the avoidable crashing and banging.
Steve and I quit racing there because the cost of repairing crash damage every week coupled with having to drive bandaged up race cars every Saturday was just not worth it.

BT_RACING

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: should there be a abc mini stock @springport Reply with quote

team coyote will be ouut there with 1 or 2 cars right were at one looking to build another
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought here,

RWD/MINI'S and FWD PONY'S in the same race?

Sounds like the same mess that the FWD and RWD pures had ALL season long, two drastically different cornering speeds and lines. I recall a LOT of wrecks due to the cornering differences.

In MY humble opinion this would only cause a smaller fwd pony car count. Everyone I talked to run fwd pony's due in a LARGE part because of the relatively low cost's associated with them.

If rwd/mini's run with the fwd pony's the crashes WILL kill the car count. I for one have NO desire to run a mixed race like that. JUST MY OPINION Shocked

Would an abc rwd be competive with a fwd 455 toronado or a fwd eldorado ?? What a mess in the corners that would be.

One thing I know for sure, IT DOSEN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU DRIVE, SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GONNA BE FASTER AND SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GONNA FIND A WAY TO MAKE THEMSELVES FASTER!!

Given the choice of racing in a slower heat or class of a main, or sitting on the bleachers cause I don't have the means to be in the fastest class (NASCAR CUP SERIES ) I WILL be tickled pink to have SOME competion to race against.

What's wrong with not being THE fastest car on the track??? If you are on the track racing BE HAPPY. I know a HECK of a lot of people that would be happy to drive your (not the fastest ) car for you. Besides, if you want to be fastest, FIGURE OUT HOW TO BE. Maybe it's more speed by money or maybe it's more speed by better driving ability.

I AM POSITIVE SOME OF YOU ARE WORKED UP BY NOW BUT THESE ARE MY OPINIONS LIKE THEM OR NOT.

Bottom line to me is, If you can not live with the rules at ANY paticular track, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WORRIE ABOUT IT? If the rules bother a person that bad see my previous question.

Lets race guys, b+tchin is something EVERYONE gets tired of hearing FAST Wink

Remember these are just my opinions and we all know what they are like

THANKS
1st and only automatic pony in the 15's
Team Never Dead Racing Team Beacon
If you are not having fun while racing, Adjustments are definitely needed !!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: