Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pure Stocks Next Year @ Springport (If there is a next year)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
allhailfaz13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just am going to say that if u cant have the same rules at spartan and springport then how are they going to have cars go back and forth every week like some drivers did and still be competive and to spartans rules?????? that just doesnt make sence whats the point it going to springport and not having a very good chance in winning????? it makes it so its not as much fun. and whats the point in racing when u know your going to lose?????
circle8track

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad some people see me point. I'm not trying to be negative about the whole ABC thing. I am just a realistic person. I also think that Patrick brought up another good point that I hadn't thought out as far as he did.
Pure Stock #8
2007 Spartan Speedway Track Champion
2006 Racin' and Rockin' Winner
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought here,

RWD/MINI'S and FWD PONY'S in the same race?

Sounds like the same mess that the FWD and RWD pures had ALL season long, two drastically different cornering speeds and lines. I recall a LOT of wrecks due to the cornering differences.

In MY humble opinion this would only cause a smaller fwd pony car count. Everyone I talked to run fwd pony's due in a LARGE part because of the relatively low cost's associated with them.

If rwd/mini's run with the fwd pony's the crashes WILL kill the car count. I for one have NO desire to run a mixed race like that. JUST MY OPINION Shocked

Would an abc rwd be competive with a fwd 455 toronado or a fwd eldorado ?? What a mess in the corners that would be.

One thing I know for sure, IT DOSEN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU DRIVE, SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GONNA BE FASTER AND SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GONNA FIND A WAY TO MAKE THEMSELVES FASTER!!

Given the choice of racing in a slower heat or class of a main, or sitting on the bleachers cause I don't have the means to be in the fastest class (NASCAR CUP SERIES ) I WILL be tickled pink to have SOME competion to race against.

What's wrong with not being THE fastest car on the track??? If you are on the track racing BE HAPPY. I know a HECK of a lot of people that would be happy to drive your (not the fastest ) car for you. Besides, if you want to be fastest, FIGURE OUT HOW TO BE. Maybe it's more speed by money or maybe it's more speed by better driving ability.

I AM POSITIVE SOME OF YOU ARE WORKED UP BY NOW BUT THESE ARE MY OPINIONS LIKE THEM OR NOT.

Bottom line to me is, If you can not live with the rules at ANY paticular track, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WORRIE ABOUT IT? If the rules bother a person that bad see my previous question.

Lets race guys, b+tchin is something EVERYONE gets tired of hearing FAST Wink

Remember these are just my opinions and we all know what they are like

THANKS
1st and only automatic pony in the 15's
Team Never Dead Racing Team Beacon
If you are not having fun while racing, Adjustments are definitely needed !!!!!
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought is that why doesn't he just make more classes. Instead of just pures and sportsman, put a street stock class in between so that it spreads it out. But then again, you're going to get less car count, because you don't have the open rules that ABC provides. I'm pretty sure a few of the pure stocks that ran last year would fit into a street stock class.

And I totally understand the point being made about how everyone will want to upgrade to make it to the next class for the ABC's, and then that will leave the people who really want to run their cars as pures, in the dust, or force them to spend money also. That is a valid issue and concern.

Another thing. Why are people saying, "I'm a normal racer at Spartan, but I'm not going to run at Springport because I can't win." That just sounds completely ridiculous. I have NEVER once heard my dad complain that he won't go back to a track because he didn't win. That's not what it's about. If you are only in racing to win, then I think you either have lots of money to blow, or you don't really love racing for the sport that it is.

Maybe we should make a compromise. Maybe Maurice should do the ABC class once or twice a month. And maybe on regular nights he should add another class. Like a Street Stock class. That would make it so the people who don't quite make it into the sportsman class, but are too much for the pure class, have a class to race in. Who knows. Just some ideas.
I honestly think that yes, he will lose some racers by doing the ABC class, but I think he is going to gain more than he loses by using the ABC format. So if he is running the track next year, I guess that will be something he's got to figure out.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see both sides.. I think ABC is the right way to go.. though it wouldn't be hard to talk me into a strictly, strictly pure stock division.

I thought the spirit of opening the Pure Stock rules was to bring some older streets back out.. but that didn't really happen. I did kind of, but not the way I think folks thought it would.

I think a strictly pure stock class, the way it was intended.. would be a great entry point for people wanting to run RWD for the first time.. and the rest of those cars could run ABC.

But if the cars aren't there.. then its a moot point.
Bardenracing42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we just put each car in it's own division, and that way everyone can go out and win the feature every night, and everyone will win a championship?

Sorry, that was sarcastic.
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bardenracing42 wrote:
Why don't we just put each car in it's own division, and that way everyone can go out and win the feature every night, and everyone will win a championship?

Sorry, that was sarcastic.

I know, that's so pathetic, but that's about to the point that it's getting to. I'm just trying to think of a way that that would make both parties happy. But that's probably not going to happen. Personally, we don't mind the ABC format. On one hand, I do understand where everyone is coming from, and on the other, some people are taking it too far...
Mopar93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what everyone is afraid of is that there will be just an A and a B main and that there will be over two seconds difference between the front runners and back runners in the A main and over two seconds difference between the front runners and the back runners in the B-main.

Well, let's see, in the Sportsman division this year, there was about two seconds difference between the front runners and the back runners. In the Pure Stock division, there was about two seconds difference between the front runners and the back runners.

If the track keeps the existing Sportsman and Pure Stock divisions and gains more cars, there will still be two seconds difference betweent he fastest and slowest cars in each division.

If the track goes to an ABC format and gains more cars, as additional mains are added, there will be less of a gap between the front runners and back runners in each main.

Each main is a division and a feature all by itself with separate championships. The points system I developed allows a driver to be competitive in the championship no matter what takes place.

There can never be too many cars with the ABC format, there will just be more mains, A, B, C, D, E, whatever is needed. Each one is a feature with payouts and trophies and championships. Each one is a thrill to win. Ask John Krygowski how elated he was to win the C-Main feature at the Michigan Cup. That was an outstanding race to watch with John and Mark Carson battling it out and Spencer Drake trying to drive back through the pack after breaking out and going to the rear under caution.

In the Sportsman and Pure Stock divisions, if there are too many cars, there will be consis or last chance races and many drivers will not make the feature. There is less hope for glory for many drivers.

Springport needs something different and interesting. The ABC format can lure more teams than the Sportsman and Pure Stock classes can. Every Sportsman, Street Stock, Factory Stock, Pure Stock, Lead Sled, and Bomber car from most every asphalt track in the state of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana is legal to race in the series.

Nevertheless, it's all just an idea... Question

-Maurice
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And THAT'S why you should do it !!
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go for it Maurice. I think you've got it figured out. Let the whiners whine!

April
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: