Back to the
main site

 
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Modified Meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
governor72



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 213
Location: Charlotte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Modified Meeting Reply with quote

There was a mod meeting this morning prior to the Springport meeting.

Drivers present at meeting were, Ken Bushner, Perry Davenport, Dan Loughan, Earl Miles, Chris Ozanich, Matt Schindewolf, Nyle Weiler and Brian Roes, representing Wayne Haughton.

Jim Leasure, Doug & Carolyn Allen & Jim Barker.

Discussed were how many shows that mods would be run at Springport and how much support there would be with a purse that would be less than Spartans.

Tires and which direction would be the best economical move. Jim would like to see an impound, because there may have been some soaking going on and possible ways to curb it.

I will be posting a poll, both here and MSTRC web site to get some input from more drivers.

There will be another mod meeting next Saturday morning, 11/24 @ 9AM at the Eden Rd office.

At this meeting Jim would like Mod drivers who can attend to come and share there positive ideas as to which direction both tracks will take.

This meeting is open to ALL mod drivers and or those who have interest in the class.

We would like all who read this message board to encourage other drivers who have interest in racing @ Spartan and or Springport to get on here in a day or 2 to participate in the polls.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ron1r31



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: dan sorry i wasn't there. Reply with quote

i called jim friday night and ask him about the meeting and he told me there wan no meeting for the mods. i would have been they to eat anyway.lol i'll try to make the meeting sat. thanks ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lack o Diesel



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 228
Location: Charlotte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron it was really out of know where. The little get together we had just told us that we needed to get more of us together. If you can't make it just make sure that someone knows where you stand on the division, track and what not. Hopefully I'll see you there, for that matter I hope to see a lot of people there. But until then Happy Thanksgiving all.

Perry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
governor72



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 213
Location: Charlotte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: responce form post on MSTRC Reply with quote

Dick,

This meeting was thrown together at the last min as some of us did not want to stand in the cold building at Jim's office wharehouse and listen to the issues about who will promote Springport now that Maurice is not the promoter.

Why do you think there is now an OPEN invitation to all mod driver set for next Saturday?

Jim wants to gets ideas from a cross section of driver, not the CLICK, as you seem to think.

Jim wants to get ideas in place before he leaves on vacation the 27th of Nov, as he will be gone thru mid Dec.

Why do you think I left Larry a voice mail at home, just so all from the Owosso / Corunna area would not know about this meeting that just came about late on Thursday.

On the impound there is mixed feelings on this and Jim wants everyones input.

As far as your other comments I won't even give you the satisfaction to reply.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lansingsportsrage.com



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 1078

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What made the Mod Drivers think the driver's meeting was about "who was promoting Springport" when that issue was already perfectly clear and decided and Jim called the meeting to discuss and get input about the direction Springport was going to go in 08.

Super drivers, Sportsmen Drivers, Pure Drivers and Pony Drivers all had no problem making the meeting and enduring the chilly temps.

The Mod Drivers decided for whatever reason they didn't have to do that and held their own special meeting.

I can see why Mr. Mauer would feel there is a click..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
governor72



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 213
Location: Charlotte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: comments Reply with quote

Patrick,

Not sure why you always have to put your 2 cents worth in on topics that don't concern your class. The mod guy's don't get on and post about what is happening with the pony's.

I'm sure it will not matter to you, but I have problems with my feet and can't take the cold floors for very long. I guess I'm just a woos.

I'm one of those who wanted a seperate meeting as the mods had some ithings to discuss that really had nothing to do with Sprinport and the other class's.

It just seems like you alway's try to stir the pot no matter what the topic is. It must be the media training that you have recieved.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ron1r31



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: way to go dan Reply with quote

i agree i don't ike the cold . as you said if its not about yor class don't worry about it. i'l call you later today ok ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
360mad



Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Mods Reply with quote

I'm considering running my mod at Spartan next season. A little more money spread around the mid-range would make it more viable for me to drive from Kzoo. Hopefully you keep the 970 tire legal. Springport would be closer and I like that track more, but the Saturday show woudn't work very good since it conflicts with Kzoo. If there are some Mod shows there on an off-week I'd definitely show up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lansingsportsrage.com



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 1078

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan.. its the you guys and us guys mentality. SMS was successful last year because everyone went at it as US. Right off the back, the Mods get their first chance to set the table for 08 and put in their 2 cents about how we can make this work together, and instead Mods head off in an opposite direction. That was the only point I was trying to make. And if Mods race at SMS, it does effect my class, hence my interest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
oldgold



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: comments Reply with quote

governor wrote:
Patrick,

Not sure why you always have to put your 2 cents worth in on topics that don't concern your class. The mod guy's don't get on and post about what is happening with the pony's.

I'm sure it will not matter to you, but I have problems with my feet and can't take the cold floors for very long. I guess I'm just a woos.

I'm one of those who wanted a seperate meeting as the mods had some ithings to discuss that really had nothing to do with Sprinport and the other class's.

It just seems like you alway's try to stir the pot no matter what the topic is. It must be the media training that you have recieved.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
mr governor couldnt this have been said thru PM? I tend to agree with others when all the people are not involved in decision making the few that do decide catch crap from the ones that couldnt be there.If a posted time for a meeting cant be met by the majority then those drivers shouldnt complain when the rules are so-called shoved down there throats. oldmold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schinde



Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 416

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable.

Sad.


have a good day,

schinde
_________________
Short track racing is more fun than a human being ought to be allowed to have!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lack o Diesel



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 228
Location: Charlotte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

I was there till after 1:00. There wasn't much said about the mods. That and mods are simple, give us a pay, a track and a time, and what tire. From there we'll take care of it. We just figured it was best if us Prima Donas were dealt with on our own. No offense but you don't know squat about what we do, so to have you "helping" with our structure and rules would not go well.

P.S. By the way, it's a flat pay this year, so we wouldn't be taking any money from you. It would actually help by getting more people in the stands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldgold



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: way to go dan Reply with quote

ron1r31 wrote:
i agree i don't ike the cold . as you said if its not about yor class don't worry about it. i'l call you later today ok ron
yes ron but if they were given away free beer you wouldnt mind the cold or is that whiskey? dealers choice 30 degrees and spitting snow and heres ron in a t-shirt drunk but havin fun oldgold Laughing Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lansingsportsrage.com



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 1078

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack o Diesel wrote:
Pat,

I was there till after 1:00. There wasn't much said about the mods. That and mods are simple, give us a pay, a track and a time, and what tire. From there we'll take care of it. We just figured it was best if us Prima Donas were dealt with on our own. No offense but you don't know squat about what we do, so to have you "helping" with our structure and rules would not go well.

P.S. By the way, it's a flat pay this year, so we wouldn't be taking any money from you. It would actually help by getting more people in the stands.


PFD.. I realize I know zip about Mods.. have never said otherwise. People learn by listening and asking questions. And there is only X dollars in any purse.. whether its flat or a %. So if X dollars is going to one class, then its coming out of others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jim Leasure



Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Posts: 911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every once in a while I go have a cup of coffee, or maybe even a beer with a driver. Hell the other day Ron Parish even bought my lunch (can you imagine)? He was actually paying a debt for a bet we made about a car count at Spartan. At any rate Saturday AM before the meeting at the warehouse (which isn't as cold as everone seems to think) I was meeting Matt and Dan for coffee. Absolutely harmless. More Mod people got wind of it and showed up, it was fun. Maybe we should all start doing this on Saturdays. There was some input regarding tires of course. I am interested in how many people would run SMS with a reduced purse (that is all we can afford for now) expecting to get beat up but to my surprise people were interested enough that I offered to have a meeting with ALL of the Mod drivers. Yesterday I prepared a letter and a questionnaire and Sue will get it out this AM. The short notice is because there are time restrictions. We are not changing anything. We are not changing anything (yes I know I already said that), except the tire and POSSIBLY an impound. I talked to Wayne yesterday and I like a couple of options. As far as SMS any and all decisions regarding any issue will be based on the fact that we need more people in the stands. More cars equates to more people. Every division has a personality of their own and we need them all. If anyone wants to have coffee on Saturday mornings I am usually game, as long as I don't have to buy! We will talk racing, kids, bleachers, foreign countries, small hot dogs vs: big hot dogs, whatever makes us laugh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group