Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Hot Pony For Springport
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Hot Pony For Springport Reply with quote

Let us look at the FACTS for the 2007 pony class at Springport......

16 points races in 2007

2 won by the neons

1 won by a shadow

1 won by a saturn

12 of the 16 won by a cavalier

And yet all I read by some on this message board is how the Neons are gonna be the fast cheater car of the track....... the only multi-valve car that can not loose... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...........

Seems like if a person wanted to win most of the races at Springport they would be talking to the "bow tie boys" and build a cavalier like they did and walk the field.

If all I wanted to do was win at any cost my ride would be a Cavalier NOT an inexpensive Neon. Even with the overpriced gears that I purchased for Springport, I will have less than $1,100 in cash invested in my personal neon that I will be campaigning this coming season.

The neon is chocked down by a smaller exhaust, try running the rest of the cars with the smaller sized exhaust and see how well they run.....

I think that if the " bow tie boys " with their Cavaliers do not come out and kick some Neon tailpipe at Springport this year, they sure as heck did not do their homework.

The Cavalier IS the fast car to beat at Springport not the Neons.

If the Neons kick some tailpipes this year, I believe it will be because the car builder/owner/driver did their homework and learned how to set them up to compete with the Cavaliers.

Tell me how the Cavaliers are being treated unfairly when it is clear that they can be set up to be the fastest car on the track....

Yogi
O'NeilsOddOne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Hot Pony For Springport Reply with quote

My Man...

The #96 will be a hot setup this year.

Chevy's or Dodges...TEAM O'NEILS 2008!!!
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: hey... Reply with quote

We were wondering if it was ok to cover the fuel fill hole in the rear quarter panel. We don't want a cavalier to be too fast for you neon guys. Don't wanna ruffle any feathers...That ok with you Yogi?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daytonapony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: hey... Reply with quote

Sortabigg wrote:
We were wondering if it was ok to cover the fuel fill hole in the rear quarter panel. We don't want a cavalier to be too fast for you neon guys. Don't wanna ruffle any feathers...That ok with you Yogi?

Fill all the holes you want Senior Orta Laughing The Neon boys club isn't sitting on it's heels. There will be a few dodges out there next year looking to end the Cavi's run.

Just remember one thing though guys. Championship was won again by a Dodge, MI cup? Again..... Dodge. Laughing Laughing Laughing

JT Here's to hoping the #96 and the #79 are so evenly matched again. I loved the side by side racing Laughing
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
2010 and 2011 Pony stock Track Champion
15.23 Fastest FWD lap ever at Spartan on fun night.
15.872 Fastest pony stock lap during the season.
BigD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your permission Todd. I cant belivehow proud you are about astinkin dodge. whyare you so defensive? isnt racing supposed to be for fun? The way you drive it takes any make or model of car thats not your personal friend 8 to10 laps to get around youanyway, trying to drive clean. Also you should let the tech decide if my car is legal or not. By the way, was that whole senior Orta thing a racict bash against my spanish american friend Steavo? If so, grow up!
daytonapony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD wrote:
thanks for your permission Todd. I cant belivehow proud you are about astinkin dodge. whyare you so defensive? isnt racing supposed to be for fun? The way you drive it takes any make or model of car thats not your personal friend 8 to10 laps to get around youanyway, trying to drive clean. Also you should let the tech decide if my car is legal or not. By the way, was that whole senior Orta thing a racict bash against my spanish american friend Steavo? If so, grow up!

Your more then welcome Dan. I'm not so defensive hence the many smilies. I would not race if it wasn't for fun. I also would not be driving in an affordable hobby stock class if it was for anything else but fun. We don't race this class for the money, the glory, or the women that is for sure.

As far as trying to get around me clean I have lots of white paint on my rear bumper that would show "clean" wasn't the way I was trying to be passed. I stayed in the bottom line for a reason. No one passed me during that race btw except being put ahead of me on a caution when they never should have been. (started behind me, never got beside me, then was put in front of me in the yellow) "Personal friend" or not noone got a free pass around my car unless I was going a lap down. Everyone worked equally as hard to get around me. If I'm that hard to get around cleanly maybe there is a reason for that. I know for a fact you could ask anyone that raced against me all season and get the same answer I never got anyone out of shape for any reason to pass them. I ran an entire season without rub rails on only a right outer door skin. Until MI Cup I pounded out dents twice. I would be led to belive that is a pretty good feat considering I was the only car without rub rails.

MI Cup I had a problem with the car directly behind me pushing me into the corner 3 consecutive times. The 4th corner he tried to get me loose to pass me. Still did not manage too. From what I understand that made him loose control and get smacked in the side. I also watched that same driver lean his entire car into another racer for 1.5laps. That ended up with both drivers into the wall. Because of the damage that car sustained in 2 accidents it was nothing at all for me to pass that car without so much as a gentle nudge. Maybe my driving style does not suite those marginally faster then me driectly behind me. It does however tend to keep those racing against me happy and keep my car from being tore up unnecisairly.

I would also like to point out the reason my car was marginally slower on Sunday was due to the fact a driver in a borrowed car turned down into me causing damage I didn't find till later in the shop. I have the fast car dash that it occured in on tape and since 2 of my wheels are on the white line coming out of the corner almost fully on the straight I can confidently say I didn't cause it. I qualified almost 3 tenths quicker then the next closest behind me and am confident without that damage I could have continued to run that much quicker a lap in the feature.

Your car was legal for Springport last year and this year is legal for both tracks. The only thing that was illegal that I have ever mentioned is the fact it was a stick. You were not legal for spartan because of that. I never accused you of cheating. I simply stated it was a manual when the rules stated automatics. I also don't see how that pertains to this thread?

If you took that as a racist bash against Steve then I'm sorry you read it that way. If he can jokingly call him self that on another forum then he nor anyone else should be mad if someone jokingly calls him that also. If you did not catch that it was joking then maybe next time notice the smile I inserted since sarcasm and tone of voice cannot be portrayed on the internet. I talked to Steve more then once and considered him a very good guy I met at the track. I sat next to him and his wife at the races and laughed and joked with him almost every week. I have nothing against Steve and I'm not even sure why you would think I would. I took his comments towards my father as being a joke why should my comments be any different?

I feel I am more then mature enough for my age. I try to compose full sentences, space my words out properly, go back and fix my typing mistakes, and most importantly try to use punctuation. That to me shows I at least try to show maturity. Maybe next time instead of inserting a big yellow smily I will insert something along the lines of bolt, italisized, and larger font signaling a joking manner. That should help everyone to understand I'm a fun loving guy.

I'm sorry if I offended you Dan. Hopefully I will see you out again next year and you can try the passing "clean" thing again. Laughing
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Big D Reply with quote

Gracias Amigo! Just gettin a little tired of the Neon Gang B****en about the slower Cavs. Go race and prove your better. Good grief!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sorta,
Who is the neon gang?
Yogi has one nearly ready but has never raced it.
Bill McBride is finishing one but again has never raced it.
Todd may build one. We may sponsor another one.
The Neons did not dominate Springport,
the Cavilears dominated the point season there.
O'Neils Auto owns a Daytona, 2 Shadows, an Acclaim and a Cavilear.
The reason for the Dodge popularity I believe is the ability to change final gear ratio with a transfer gear change. For folk's trying to race Spartan and Springport the gear changing capability is huge. Someone racing just one track would probably find a Cavilear easier to make fast.
As far as engines go, they are not as important in the ponies as most people think. On my Shadow the only thing magical was the removal of the turbo charger. I got the car faster during the season with spring, strut, left rear tire, and air pressure changes. Nothing was done to the engine but abuse! Oh we did replace the coil after it failed and kept me from starting the feature one night and we put new spark plugs in it $1.48 each.
Smooth entry and exit is the key to success (in most things).

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
Big Ed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="daytonapony"]
No one passed me during that race btw except being put ahead of me on a caution when they never should have been. (started behind me, never got beside me, then was put in front of me in the yellow)[/quote]

Really???

So what is it your trying to say here Todd???

Are you saying that the scorers PURPOSELY put cars ahead of you that cost you positions??? I would LOVE to see, or even hear your proof on this one!!! Why??? Why would anyone do that in the tower?? You are making a serious accusation here, that I do believe you will have a very hard time proving, and also an accusation that isn't going to sit very well with a lot of people, and also, could NOT be farther from the truth!!!!!!

Remember, we use TRANSPONDERS!!!! They record your position on the track. We go back to the last GREEN flag lap. However you came across the line then, is where you will be on the restart, PERIOD!!!!!

I personally take some offense (for the whole tower) from your accusation here!!!

Big Ed
daytonapony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Ed wrote:
daytonapony wrote:

No one passed me during that race btw except being put ahead of me on a caution when they never should have been. (started behind me, never got beside me, then was put in front of me in the yellow)

Really???

So what is it your trying to say here Todd???

Are you saying that the scorers PURPOSELY put cars ahead of you that cost you positions??? I would LOVE to see, or even hear your proof on this one!!! Why??? Why would anyone do that in the tower?? You are making a serious accusation here, that I do believe you will have a very hard time proving, and also an accusation that isn't going to sit very well with a lot of people, and also, could NOT be farther from the truth!!!!!!

Remember, we use TRANSPONDERS!!!! They record your position on the track. We go back to the last GREEN flag lap. However you came across the line then, is where you will be on the restart, PERIOD!!!!!

I personally take some offense (for the whole tower) from your accusation here!!!

Big Ed

Ed, No need to take offence.

I lost one position due to an EQUIPMENT failure. I then gained that one position back before the end of the race.

I never accused anyone of anything besides one car being started ahead of me. I never said anyone purposely put anyone there to penalize me. I simply stated he was put there. I have proof Ed. I have numerous witnesses who seen the white 55 never get beside me yet restart ahead of me. Some of them are very respected memebers of the the Springport staff. I have zero belief that ANYONE in the tower did it on purpose or did it maliciously against me.

I do however know exactly why it happened. You mentioned it in your reply. My transponder was not working during the Sunday Feature race at MI cup. When I crossed the line the computer seen nothing. The 55 crossed and the computer said they should be next in line. We were running I believe 4th and 5 or 3rd and 4th at that point. If one looked at the score board they would notice a gap where my number should have been. The computer/score board did not see that I was there either.

I am not accusing anyone of anything Ed. I probably should have mentioned why I was put behind the car. I did not have a single problem with anyone in the tower. I infact laughed and joked with you on more then one occasion. I had pleasant conversation with Mrs. Allen on more then one occasion. I also had a good banter with Mr. Barker a few times. I thought our timing crew/tower crew did an excellent job all year.

There were however problems all year with transponders. I recieved a defective one on I belive 4 different nights. Every one of my teammates last year also recieved defective ones on occasion. That is just our 4-5 cars. I know every class managed to get defective ones occasionally. Maurice even said there were some that did not always work.

I thought the tower crew did an excellent job catching the fact my transponder didn't work and put me in the proper spot at the end of the race. I commend them on a job well done.
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
Big Ed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd,

I'm sure you can see why I would take offense to such a statement, can't you?? The way it was originally worded by yourself would insinuate that we play favorites, when nothing could be farther from the truth. And if I came across too harshly above, I do apologize, but that is something EVERY track worker across this country will take offense to, especially when it is not true. That subject will get the calmest person ready to GO!! I know, from my very own eyes, I have seen some tracks play favorites. But I will give a guarantee to anyone reading this, that isn't, and never will be the case at Spartan, or Springport.

We enjoy you, your team, and your family out at the track Todd. Local short track racing needs more people just like you. I hope you can see where I was coming from when I jumped on this in my earlier post. Transponders can easily fail, and are not 100% fool proof. I like to think that Jimmy, Caroline, Sean, and myself all try to keep an eye on such an event, and work together well to correct a problem if an equipment failure does happen. We want everything to be fair and square just as much as every driver out there.

No hard feelings here my friend, I just have a habit of jumping up and sticking up for my PEEPS. Thank you for giving the FULL explanation there, so everyone has a understanding of that specific situation. Again, I'm sure you can now see how someone else reading that could take it the same way I did.
daytonapony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,

No hard feelings. I did understand once I read your post how it could be read differently. As I stated I probably should have put in my original post as to why I was shuffled back a spot. It was a no harm/no foul situation and I have no hard feelings about the incident at all.

I do understand about sticking up for your fellow works and you should not apologize for that. I would stick up for our tower workers too as every time I seen an error last year at Springport it was fixed once brought to someones attention. The few instances where I had a defective transponder it was resolved quickly and usually before the end of the race.

I again do understand why and I hope our responces do explain it to all who might have read it differently then I intended. I have no hard feelings at all and am looking forward to next season with so much excitement I might burst sometimes. Laughing
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: transponders... Reply with quote

Ya I finished in the top five every week! and won the championship. But those darn transponders weren't working!
KT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daytonapony wrote:
I feel I am more then mature enough for my age. I try to compose full sentences, space my words out properly, go back and fix my typing mistakes, and most importantly try to use punctuation. That to me shows I at least try to show maturity. Maybe next time instead of inserting a big yellow smily I will insert something along the lines of bolt, italisized, and larger font signaling a joking manner. That should help everyone to understand I'm a fun loving guy.

Awesome! Now that is funny right there!

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Ed wrote:
Todd,

I'm sure you can see why I would take offense to such a statement, can't you?? The way it was originally worded by yourself would insinuate that we play favorites, when nothing could be farther from the truth. And if I came across too harshly above, I do apologize, but that is something EVERY track worker across this country will take offense to, especially when it is not true. That subject will get the calmest person ready to GO!! I know, from my very own eyes, I have seen some tracks play favorites. But I will give a guarantee to anyone reading this, that isn't, and never will be the case at Spartan, or Springport.

We enjoy you, your team, and your family out at the track Todd. Local short track racing needs more people just like you. I hope you can see where I was coming from when I jumped on this in my earlier post. Transponders can easily fail, and are not 100% fool proof. I like to think that Jimmy, Caroline, Sean, and myself all try to keep an eye on such an event, and work together well to correct a problem if an equipment failure does happen. We want everything to be fair and square just as much as every driver out there.

No hard feelings here my friend, I just have a habit of jumping up and sticking up for my PEEPS. Thank you for giving the FULL explanation there, so everyone has a understanding of that specific situation. Again, I'm sure you can now see how someone else reading that could take it the same way I did.

So quite the opposite means you play enemies? LOL LOL

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: