Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

rules
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren wright

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: rules Reply with quote

i was woundering if its leagal to run a polycarbonated rear windsheild in the purestock division. let me know.im new this year and trying to learn the ropes.thanks
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, Give Chuck a call at 517-812-1853. He will answer that for you. See you in the spring.
chuck ewing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Rear Window Reply with quote

Hey,
Darren good question, But per our Pure Stock RWD. Rule (K) reads Rear and Side glass must be removed.You can replace front glass with lexan or ploycartonate but not rear . I hope this helps.
Chuck
oldgold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: rear end Reply with quote

9 inch ford in a gm metric pure?Rick
darren wright

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick response i was just woundering .also can u use a racing oil pan on the 350 small block.and what kind of intake and carb can we use.thanks once again.and that would be cool if we could use the 9 inch ford in the rear i dont thank we can though.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darren wright wrote:
thanks for the quick response i was just woundering .also can u use a racing oil pan on the 350 small block.and what kind of intake and carb can we use.thanks once again.and that would be cool if we could use the 9 inch ford in the rear i dont thank we can though.

Darren, you can find the rules here:

http://www.spartanspeedway.com/Info/rules2008/2008Rules16.php

Quote:
B. ENGINES

a) Stock only to that make and model. No after market add on parts. Stock air cleaner. May use after market valve covers. No turbocharged or supercharged.

b) Strictly stock or stock replacement heads only. No camel-back heads.

c) Engine location: forward most spark plug hole in line or ahead of the upper Ball joint checked on drivers side.

d) Engine may be rebuilt to stock specs; no more than .030 clean up allowed with OEM style pistons. No made for racing pistons allowed. Prior to overbore, maximum cubic inches allowed: GM 350, Ford 351, Chrysler 360. Any factory installed engine larger than this must be pre-approved.

e) Engine must maintain 15 lbs. of vacuum at idle, in gear, with foot on brake.

f) Single exhaust only with max O.D. 2.5", stock mufflers with a single inlet and single outlet. Last 6" of exhaust must exit behind driver and be fully visible. No exhaust leaks allowed. No headers.

g) Carburetors must bolt on stock manifold (no spacers).
chuck ewing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. OLDgold,
You know you cant use a Ford 9" in Pure Stock, But thanks for asking. And Pat is correct the rules are on our website ,Quad. 4Bbl. Carbs.,must bolt on Stock cast iron manifolds ( No spacers)
Chuck
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: 9 Reply with quote

still doesnt say anything about a 9"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jerry Garland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about a older street stock that wants to come compete as a purestock? isnt it allowed to have a 9 inch? I believe thats what management said they were going to allow so that some of the older streeters that are sitting in the garage could come out and be allowed to race in that class? correct me if I am wrong? But I also believe they said, that there was going to be a weight penelty too? I know at one time they were allowing quite a few things to bring back older street stocks to come back and race as a pure stock.

later

JG
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: 9" Reply with quote

And this one has been sitting for a couple years. thats one more Pure you could have... Does a 9" give a big difference in performance over a GM Rear end? Gears are gears?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
superfast14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

availability of different ratios is vastly greater with a 9" then a 7.5/8.5 GM, you know this.
#87 ShortTrackTrucks.com Challenge Series
www.kylecallahanracing.com
Mopar93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone was planning to build a 9 inch Ford rear end to use in a GM metric bodied Pure Stock, would that person do all of the following:

** Keep the track width exactly the same as the stock rear end, or make it wider to improve the handling.

** Install the control arm mounting points in the exact same position as the stock GM rear end, or reposition them for a handling advantage as well as slightly offsetting the rear end.

Messing around with the rear end is probably worth having to add 50 pounds. After all, there is no left side or rear weight rule, so you can put the extra 50 lbs down low in front of the left rear wheel.

Given the opportunity, a smart racer would switch to a 9 inch rear end. But an even smarter racer would take the lighter and lower friction GM rear end and make the same mods to it that another racer will do to the Ford 9 inch. After all, if you can install custom control arm mounts on a 9 inch Ford, why not on a 7.5 inch GM as well?

Next, the Pure Stocks will be wanting 3-link rears.

-Maurice
monzilla80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you already have a Ford? Can you run a 9"? I dont think track width really matters when offset wheels are allowed.
weasal30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my opinion, but a 9" or atleast c-clip eliminators should me manditory on any type of a race car. c-clip axle are dagerous, how many times have you seen a axle come fliing out of a car, i have alot. when a bolt in axle, ie a 9", brakes you loose just the tire not the tire with a spear hanging of it. just my opinion, take it as you wish.
darren wright

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the response.i still think we should be able to use a ford 9 inch in our class whould make things a lot easier to work on than what we got.

darren Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: