Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

quick qustion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren wright

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: quick qustion Reply with quote

i have a qustion i all most i my car done and i will be droping the engine in this week. i read the rules but i dont know if i have to use a stock oil pan or not couse i have racing one i bought a couple a years ago on it right know and dont really whant to have to buy a reguler stock pan.but if i do which i think i do then i will.no big deal i am just confused.thank in advance.darren. Very Happy
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren..

The rules are easily available online, I linked them up for you before.. here they are again.

http://www.spartanspeedway.com/Info/rules2008/2008Rules16.php

ENGINES

a) Stock only to that make and model. No after market add on parts. Stock air cleaner. May use after market valve covers. No turbocharged or supercharged.

b) Strictly stock or stock replacement heads only. No camel-back heads.

c) Engine location: forward most spark plug hole in line or ahead of the upper Ball joint checked on drivers side.

d) Engine may be rebuilt to stock specs; no more than .030 clean up allowed with OEM style pistons. No made for racing pistons allowed. Prior to overbore, maximum cubic inches allowed: GM 350, Ford 351, Chrysler 360. Any factory installed engine larger than this must be pre-approved.

e) Engine must maintain 15 lbs. of vacuum at idle, in gear, with foot on brake.

f) Single exhaust only with max O.D. 2.5", stock mufflers with a single inlet and single outlet. Last 6" of exhaust must exit behind driver and be fully visible. No exhaust leaks allowed. No headers.

g) Carburetors must bolt on stock manifold (no spacers).
Drake Racing 14 28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darren i believe racing oil pans are ok. since it's not adding any performance only helping keep the engine oiled. the for sure way to know is to email chuck or call the number in the rules.
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: oil pans... Reply with quote

I was told you cannot use them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drake Racing 14 28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, I remember at the springport meeting chuck said they were ok. but if i'm wrong oh well. chuck can you chim in on this for the final word?
Bardenracing42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used one all last season and it was never an issue. I will not have the same on there this year as it will not hold oil real well given the big hole in the side of it.
circle8track

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as long as it is a "stock style" racing pan it should be ok. nothing with a kick out or any other unusual shape.
Pure Stock #8
2007 Spartan Speedway Track Champion
2006 Racin' and Rockin' Winner
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: oil pan... Reply with quote

circle8track wrote:
I think as long as it is a "stock style" racing pan it should be ok. nothing with a kick out or any other unusual shape.

thats what I was told last season Aaron. Stock appearing pan. I guess that means it can have all the baffles and scrapers you want, just NO kick outs or what have you.

This one from speedway has NO kick outs...
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/4878,124_Small-Block-Chevy-7-Quart-Race-Oil-Pans.html?itemNo=oil%20pans

heres another that is strictly stock appearing but has the baffles, scrapers etc....
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/4879,124_Small-Block-Chevy-Stock-Appearing-RaceandStreet-Oil-Pans.html?itemNo=oil%20pans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
darren wright

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thaks everone i guess im not the only one confused on that subject.and i did!!!!!read the rules but all it says is no aftermarket add ons did not say anything about the pan im new this year and i just whant to be legal.but i geuss ill just buy a stock one so i know im legal. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: