Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

The Pure Stock Class
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: The Pure Stock Class Reply with quote

Last Saturday Night there were 5 FWD Pure Stocks were at the track, 5 RWD Pure Stocks and 6 Sportsman.

Why are the RWD pures being forced to run with the FWDs ?

We had 5 FWD cars there and have 3 more on the way.. but we like to have a chance to race and be fair.. right now its not fair. No real chance to win and no real chance to get compensated for our efforts.

I know you had the vision for this class.. you were right when you started it, but it needs to be seen through.

Please give us a chance.
josh sattler

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This class needs to do something,cause I'm about ready to get rid of my car and build another pony ,or just quit raceing all togther.Isn't there a different pay for fwd? cause saturday there sure wasn't.
markmantyla

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope to have our FWD out in a couple weeks, plus i think there are a couple more being built. Hopefully we can make a good showing soon.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the points got changed and now FWD isn't even being scored as its own class.
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have raced one week. Don't you think it might be a little early to go to the drawing board?
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have raced one week. Don't you think it might be a little early to go to the drawing board? We took pictures of both fwd/rwd just so we can make changes when it makes sense. One week doesn't really tell anyone very much.
ron1r31

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: what gives Reply with quote

are you telling me that the fwd are faster than the rwd bull. i think by putting the cars together makes for a better race. i sure wouldn't want to set in the stands and watch 4or 5 cars go around. give jim some time and he'll do good by you guys. as far as i can see pure mean just that. do you see lock rear end in them cars on the road hell no so that makes then not stock. bye . go get em jim lol
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: what gives Reply with quote

ron1r31 wrote:
are you telling me that the fwd are faster than the rwd bull.
Nobody has ever said that.. the exact opposite in fact. The RWD are faster then the FWDs.. and now that the RWD can run locked rear ends, they are even faster.
ron1r31 wrote:
i sure wouldn't want to set in the stands and watch 4 or 5 cars go around.
You mean like watching RWD class without FWD out there.. or like the Sportsman class ??
ron1r31 wrote:
as far as i can see pure mean just that. do you see lock rear end in them cars on the road hell no so that makes then not stock. bye . go get em Jim lol
Ron, I'm not exactly sure what your point is, so forgive me if I answer this out of context, but locked rear ends are allowed (as are 350 and 355 motors).. and your correct that its not stock. So it probably shouldn't be allowed.. but it is. I also agree that I think Jim is trying to do the right thing.. and I agree that until the RWD or FWD class gets up to 10 cars that they need to run together in the feature to have a show for the fans. But that doesn't mean the two classes couldn't run separate in the heats and that the payout couldn't stay laddered like it did last year, and the points couldn't be kept seperate so you have a true measure of each class. There is a happy medium that can be reached till one class or the other breaks out.
KT

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get rid of the FWD. On the sunday shows it is RWD cars that come from the eastside. That I know of K-Zoo is the only other track running FWD 6cyl. cars and the rules aren't the same. I talked to Brian Jenks and he told me that his is illegal down there. Not going to get into specifics.

In my opinion the FWD cars should never have been allowed in this class. Spartan and SMS also don't need SLM, Mods, Sportsman, RWD Pure, FWD Pure and Ponies. 6 classes is to many. They need to find a way to get the car counts up in the classes they have right now.

You say the RWD pures should run with the sportsman, are you going to buy tires for those guys? Yes, you did say this last night in the chat room. You said that the fastest RWD pure qualified faster then two of the sportsman, THAT IS NOT TRUE!

It just gets old hearing you complain about the same crap all the time. Anyone who knows anything about racing knew the RWD were going to be faster, SO BUILD A RWD CAR!

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
markmantyla

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of us cant afford to compete with the rwd now, in a fwd you can take a car, stip it, put in your safety gear and be competitive. a FUN class. IF the pures were really off the street race cars i would do that. Also what about in a few weeks when there are MORE fwd than RWD pures? Is our arguement going to valid then?

shame on us for wanting a FUN, and AFFORDABLE class to get started in....
KT

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
shame on us for wanting a FUN, and AFFORDABLE class to get started in....

There is one, it is called pony stocks. And if you just want FUN and AFFORDABLE then it shouldn't matter about any of this and just go out and race.

Quote:
Also what about in a few weeks when there are MORE fwd than RWD pures? Is our arguement going to valid then?

Can you guarantee this? How many cars will there be? I'm sure Jim would love to a guarantee on how many cars there will be at his track. There were 8 RWD cars and 0 FWD at Spartan opening night. Last friday there were 9 RWD and 1 FWD. At Springport there were 5 RWD and 3 FWD that raced. Fans don't care about cars just sitting in the pits. You say there are more FWD cars coming well what about more RWD coming?

The Harvest got 21 pures stocks, 19 of which raced. How many were FWD? The bottom line is Spartan isn't going to pull cars from K-Zoo and there might be a couple of other FWD being built right now. But there are ALOT of RWD cars on the eastside that have no track to run on Fridays. They have also shown interest in coming to Spartan for the invites. Some guys are trying to get things worked out to come over for Friday nights. There was one here on Friday night.

As for SMS getting more cars that will be tougher. There are some guys who only run SMS and not Spartan and vice versa. But they won't get very many travelers, do to most tracks running on Saturday.

I just get tired of hearing Pat complain about everything in this class.

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
markmantyla

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion he is working to grow the class, it will NOT grow while being overshadowed by another class.

i know of at least two more cars just from us that will be out in a few weeks, i dont know about rwd because i dont run them. i dont need to worry about other peoples classes. other than when i run with them.

if you think that ponies are affordable now i have to laugh...i know one "team" that offers to build you a pony for 2500-3000 and that is NO motor work.

racing is not cheap, i know that...but IF you give people a CHEAP way to get in, they will get hooked and eventually move up....racers cant go slow forever.

So if we get 6-10 cars should we be allowed to run alone? Remember, this class was NOT patricks idea.....

sorry kt i didnt mean to PM with all this
monzilla80

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally off subject. But Id like to see more V6 RWD cars or trucks out there. It only took me a years worth of lessons to make one competetive. I know there are many EFI V6s out there.
KT

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the ponies are cheap, I think the track has let that class get out of hand. The rules should be more like the Berlin rules. They only got 40+ on saturday night.

I also know racing isn't cheap. If more people get those FWD pure stocks don't you think the rules will be pushed to the limit even more so? Then what?

Also in my opinion if there are 10 or more FWD 6 cyl cars every week then let them run on their own.

Six classes is also too many at a track in my opinion.

The whole pure stock class started out wrong and will continue to be wrong until it is ONE type of car running.

Racing has isn't cheap and things will never be equal and it just gets old hearing people complain about it all the time. "I can't afford what the other guy has so he shouldn't be allowed to have it.", this mentality is my favorite. Not saying that is what you are saying.

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
markmantyla

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we finally agree on most of this. I think pures should ONLY be fwd but that is just my opinion....they are cheap and easy to get into...ponies are their own beast, if you like pures, you move up to sportsman then mods or lates.

the only time i think "the other guy shouldnt have that" is when they are against the rules and that fact is ignored. thats the only problem with rules i have.

as racers isnt it our job to bend the rules until we are told not to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: