Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Econo Mod Class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mopar93

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC32 wrote:
Cooler still would be to use old Vega, Gremlin, or Pinto body's!
Retro Mods! LOL! To bad they would be scarce as hens teeth to find.

Yes, that would be cool, however, that would then be more like a vintage Mod class. We already have the VROA Vintage Mods, although they are based on bodies that are much older.

Quote:
The production body idea is interesting.

This is the way the Modified class should head, back to the original intent of the class using the same idea as the Vega, Gremlin, and PInto bodies, but instead with more recently manufactured bodies such as the Neon, Cavalier, and some other selected models. I really feel something different should be done with the Modifieds because the way they are going, they are really nothing more than a Limited Late Model with exposed wheels.

I think the fans would like it better if they could identify the bodies. The fans can root for the drivers, but they need something more to root for. It never hurts when they can identify the car make.

-Maurice
schinde

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice,

One thing is right, the mod's used to run the Gremlin/Pinto/Vega bodies, and looked neat.

The advancement of the mod's have brought about many changes.

I personally like the look of the mod's now, to me it looks like a flat out functional race car.

The open wheel with the majority flat paneled bodies just look mean.

Kind of like the Super wedge body.

Lean and mean racin' machines.

I think a way to put it together is to make the econo mod class be a "production" bodys tyled mod.

Now that would be a great compromise for all, and would make the class unique to Springport, and be a way to get older and or sitting mod's back on the track again.

Must my humble opinion.

Again, as I don't plan to have a dog in this fight, I won't offer much more in the way of opinion.

have a good day,

schinde
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: