Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Modified Meeting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schinde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim,

have a good day,

schinde
pasto68

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: modified meeting Reply with quote

we all know who races mods at spartan. i dont know of any click, and could care less if there is one. i will have 2 mods racing next year. one for me and one for tony. we will not race anywhere there is a tire impound. we dont soak tires and tony keeps up just fine. go ahead and soak if you want. it doesnt help much if at all. we need our racing tires during the week to make adjustments to our car. again, tony wants to race at spartan very much, but count us out if you impound tires

steve [pops] pastorino
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod's will be on the American Racer 704 series tire for 08. This is the same tire we ran for many seasons when we were MMA. Same tire with out the MMA stamp. If you have some MMA tires still you may use them for a period of time but they will be phased out. There will be a one tire rule as well but you "may" be allowed to buy two at some point, maybe the last Friday of every month or something like that. The details are not worked out but I wanted to at least give everyone something to go by.

If we schedule Mods at SMS on a regular basis (3 out of 4 wks) the exact tire rule will be in place there as well.

There will be no impound for 08 because we just can't make that work for the drivers that will cross over at both tracks. We will be looking at some other options to identify soaking.

There must be some questions so please feel free to post them or call me. I am going to work on specific language and put it in the the rule book once the questions have been asked. We usually miss a couple of things so lets hear the questions before the rule has been established.

No other changes to the rules, only the tire.

I am hoping Wayne can stock pile some used tires to sell to travelers plus the one new they can purchase.

The only night you will be able to purchase four tires will be opening night. Originally we were thinking about a 2 week phase in period but that leads to other issues so we will just start the season out on this tire.

Thank you for the many people that were able to make the Mod meeting. We all kept the progress going and much was accomplished
governor72

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: meeting Reply with quote

For those who could not attend:

Meeting was very well attended. There were over 30 who attended and most were drivers or car owners. The tone of the meeting was a very positive one, with everyone realizing that we need to work together and help keep cost in check.

The message about which tire most would prefer to be on was heard loud and clear, but that choice just is not in the cards at this time.

Jim,

Don't forget that we discussed going back to having the previous weeks winner go behind the invert the next week. I think that will need to go back into the rules section for the mods.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
KT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: meeting Reply with quote

governor wrote:

Jim,

Don't forget that we discussed going back to having the previous weeks winner go behind the invert the next week. I think that will need to go back into the rules section for the mods.

Dan, why do you and I would assume others want this rule? I have never understood why someone should be penalized for winning a feature. I don't own or race a car but have been around racing for a long time and have never understood this. I know it is try and stop someone from dominating but I think that is just one of the dumbest rules that has ever been introduced into racing. As a fan and a crew member I hope this rule does not come back.

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
governor72

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: invert Reply with quote

KT,

It does make for better racing, just like a deep invert. Most guy's who win feel it is an honor to start in that position as they earned it.

If you start behind the invert and win that night it is even more gratifying.

There seems to be a lot of people looking forward to 2008. I think the mod racing will be as good as you have seen it quite awhile.

pasto68

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: modified meeting Reply with quote

tony and i had to work on sat. thanks to all that listened to our opinions. we're glad that there isnt an impound. the tire of choice is fine. lets try to keep the same tire for more than 1 year if we can. we will race a t spartan, however, tony works in dearborn and i now have a job. [the first in 4 years]. so getting to spartan on fris. is going to be a challenge. but, i'm sure the track will work with us on that issue. see all in april if not b-4

steve [pops] pastorino
coachraber3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question? I know that Kalamazoo runs on the 970 tire, and I beleive that Auto City and Dixie do also, I might be mistaken, but what is the reason for the American Racer at Spartan and Springport? Is there a chance that you could run 970's there? That would make it easier for the Kalamazoo cars to come to Spartan on Fridays. Some teams wouldn't be able to afford 2 different sets of tires, but if they could run take offs?

This is just a question, I don't want to make anyone upset.

Thanks,

Ben Raber
RW Motorsports
360mad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: 704 Tire Reply with quote

How does this tire compare to the 970? Is it taller or shorter? Never raced on it so if I come over on Fridays I would like to know what to expect out of it?
360mad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Gears Reply with quote

What range of gears do you guys run in the Mods here? What RPMs?
governor72

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Spartan info Reply with quote

360mad

The American Racer is not much smaller than 970's. You can get tires that range from 83"-88".

For a gear, if you had a 383 or 406, you would want 5.67 - 5.83, 355 - 377, you would want 6.00 - 6.40, depending on how high you want to spin it.

Quick times with the 704 compond will be in the 13.60 - 13.80 range.

The 970 is faster than the American Racer 704 compound, but slower than the American Racer Street Stock tire we ran in 2007.

coachraber3,

I know Jim is looking to have take off's for the teams who want to travel and try out Spartan. If you let some of us know ahead of time, we could alway's make sure to help out finding take off's.

schinde

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachraber3

Dan is correct,

Most of us will have some available for a traveler if Jim can't get something set up.

Use the website to let us know when you are planning to visit, that will give us enough time to round some up.

have a good day,

schinde
ron1r31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

dan if you would can you email me so i can get your email address. mine is ron1r31@cs.com thanks ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: