Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Your Thoughts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racer30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Your Thoughts Reply with quote

I have just recently moved back to the area from Northern Michigan because of my job. I was in the process of building my first car to race at Northern Michigan Speedway near Gaylord. It has always been a dream of mine to not only race but build a car as well. Now that im in the area i would like to race it a Spartan Speedway (i grew up around the corner and worked in the consession stand at turn 4). The only problem with that is that its a Ford Probe. I have read in previous threads that some people would not be opposed to allowing a Ford Probe provided that they worked with the track to build an acceptable car. The car is gutted and caged and thats about it at this point. I was wondering what you guys thought about that. I was also wondering the about the mentor program to see if anyone would like to take a newbie under there wing and show them the ropes
Thanks
Tony
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: racer30 Reply with quote

I for one am one of the few people who think some other cars should be included and the Probe was the main one that a few people suggested. I think if you wanna race a probe next season you should talk to the powers that be at Spartan. As for getting some help or advice, talk to John Ward, he's a former track champion that retired from racing a few years ago and is always there for the pony stock class to ask questions and lend a hand. Tuesday nights is the chat room here on this forum. Lots of pony drivers are always in the chat room. Come and join in!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
racer30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be the guys to talk to?
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoy need to talk to Chuck Ewing..hes the head Tech guy at Spartan..you can usually find him at the scale house in the pits
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: