Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

introduction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: introduction Reply with quote

hello fellow ponystock drivers. My name is Tim Sorrow. Driver of the #12 GrandAm. I just joined the Spartan racing family at the end of the'
06 season. Had alot of fun and even got a heat win. i would like to come back stronger in '07. I am looking for advice regarding sponsorships and prepping my car to race again. This season, it would be nice to finish a feature on the lead lap and try to contend with the rest of you instead of getting in your way. Anyway, i have alot to learn and am open to any help any of you can offer. Also, special thanks to those Beckners. Their help and advice was responsible for my first win. my dream of driving a racecar has finally come true. Take good care and my thoughts are with the families and friends of our lost drivers.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, I missed this thread earlier.. it was good to see fresh drivers appearing at the track all year long. I reviewed the points per race for the Pony's in a different thread and its worth mentioning if you didn't know it that you were 10th overall this season in points per race.
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the "pionts per race" different than the actual points race its self? Even though Im not sure what it means, 10th sounds good because I only ran 5 or 6 races. Can you please break it down in a way a dummy like me can fully understand?
Also, i forgot to give thanks to George Wyers for selling me a decent car, and for his help in the pits my first night. And to Joe Dirt for letting me borrow stuff. I cant wait to get back at it!
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. the season points are how many points you accumulated for the season... obviously the more races you were at, the better you'd do in the final standings.

But points per race is how many points you accumulated on average for the races you were at.

Using that formula, you'd have finished 10th, which is damn respectable and kudos to you !

Garland would have finished first, Jimmy 2nd and John Ward 3rd...

And Neons in 4th, 5th and 6th place.. but that's a topic for another thread.
sorrowtim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the explaination and the compliment. I am hoping to be much stronger next year. I already have A&W on board for next year, but I have alot to do and they alone probably cant cover the cost. Do you know if we will have another show at the mall prior to the season opener? I was hoping to have the body straightened and sprayed real perdy like but dont know exactly how I will get that done. Also need advice on my MOTOR. any ideas?
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Conroy runs the same GM motor you do and Torg has run that motor in the past.

I'd try to hook up with Baja or the Garlands and see what you can learn.

I'm sure management is working on a car show, at least I hope they are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: