Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Mod car count last night
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governor72

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Mod car count last night Reply with quote

Was great to see a 25 strong Mod car count at Spartan last night.

Dusty Carl was out for the first time this year, started outside pole, because of the 10 car invert and led every lap running the high groove. Great race, ROCKET MAN! Dusty also won the fast heat.

He was follwed to the line by #32 Wayne Haughton, #50 Leroy Ellis, #8 Sonny Coito, can't remember who was 5th. There was only 1 caution for the 35 lap race.

Some good cars did not advance from the B main, which was the first one in a couple of years

The track is checking tires after qualifying and is stopping the top five on the front stretch after the feature to take durometer reading's, just to make sure everyone is on a level playing field.

I think this is a very good move by the track.

Gov
governor72

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: how many can we get Reply with quote

Just think, if Nyle, Shinde, Perry, Bill Heeney, Hobart, Moon, Madd Mike, Ben Raber, 911 and my self, would have had our car's out, that would have been well over 30 cars. Just maybe we are headed back to the good old days.

If this is the case, Jim will have to re-think the B main pay off.

Do ya think the tire switch has any bearing on the car counts? I know I do.

Gov
RaceGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Car Count Reply with quote

Yes, mod car count was good, but might be going down along with a few fans in the stands. What many of us witnessed Fri night July 10th has us discouraged and questioning if we will return. We saw a lot of on track aggressions that were taken out on other drivers. This has been happening for a few weeks now and July 10th was blatently obvious. If we fans can see what is happening, can't at least one of the track officials/employees see it too?? I realize it is a big job with 20 plus cars on track to watch every one every second. This one incident happened on back stretch when the race was OVER. Many of us witnessed a car plow into the back of two other cars. We realize the rules are "AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TRACK OFFICIALS" (we do read the rule book), but when it is that obvious and a driver is that aggresive, shouldn't something be done??? It certainly wasn't on Friday night. We also realize that there are hometown guys and favorites, but this incident was uncalled for. We come every week and some of us have season tickets for this track. As "paying customers" we certainly hope our voices will be heard. We know we are "just the little guy" and that the track will most certainly survive without us, but we LOVE racing and spend the entire summer weekends at short tracks. We just want to see things equally as fair as possible for ALL THE DRIVERS. In the economic times we are in we all know these guys and gals do it for the love of the sport, not to make a ton of money. Lets keep it fun for drivers and fans so that we will ALL want to keep playing our part in one of the most exciting and fun sports around!!
Thank you to Spartan Speedway for listening to your supporters!
dubyrun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Modifieds Reply with quote

Yes indeed, the mod count on Fri. the 10th. was really great.
I, now refer to the comment from Jim about adding additional shows to fill the stands, well Jim you had better take care of the faithful fans you have now, (we are mod fans), but also enjoy all the classes. We also enjoy hot laps, and the all the qualifing
In the past few weeks, we have noticed on several occasions that what is good for one driver is not the same for another. A RULE is a RULE and, all should follow it.! (We do check out the rules of the Spartan Speedway) At times, it almost looks like the officials are playing favoritism or just not watching the tract. Alternatively, do the rules change from week to week? We have head that during the drivers meeeting, they go over the rules, but I guess some drivers think rules are there to be broken and do not apply to them, or do the offials just over look it. We know that all judgments are made, "as determined by Spartan Officials", but lets make it fair for all the drivers.
We drive 200 miles rouond trip to try and have an enjoyable evening of good fair and exciting racing, but we are not sure we can continue to drive this distance and be disappointed with the unfairness shown to some drivers.
I say AMEN to the quote from Racegirl, lets keep it fun for drivers, crew and the fans.[/b]
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be back this week if the engine gets finished.

As far as aggression goes. I agree there has been a lot of it and what from what I hear each situation is dealt with differently. I heard Earl Miles ran into Rob Newman after the heat race was over. To me that is an act of aggression, no more than anyone one else. The incident i was involved in Was no more than two drivers stating their point to each other, one of us stated it quite louder than the other. So I don't know what the deal is but I can say for certain that giving the finger to someone for spinning you out is not a reason to get drove over. Some people aren't right in the head and are on the racetrack for the wrong reasons. The Eaton County Fair is this week at the Charlotte Fair grounds. So anyone that just want's to tear up cars can come race the derby, the fig 8 derby, you name it.

Just to add something else what's with the 22 car coming off the track and getting his spot back in a heat race. I thought if you pulled off no matter what you went to the tail. It's so confusing.

Last edited by Lack o Diesel on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bubber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the car count is getting better and tire checking is great. But what can be done about the lack of passing? A good race is what the fans want to see and from what I've seen its been follow the leader not very exciting. Not bashing the mods because obviously we have worse problems in the sportsman class. Just wanted to know if people have any ideas to make the racing better.

Bubber Patrick
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have to be willing to try a different lane for more than a lap. I've found that if I try for a few laps I'll find something somewhere and make a pass. At the very least I'll race that person as long as possible.

A few weeks ago Oz and I were racing each other, one on the top and one on the bottom. What I could gain going in he would gain coming out. It's there, just you have look for it.

Just my thought.
CC32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Mod car count Reply with quote

Dusty was bad fast last week in the high groove. If he had started at the back, there would have been some great passing action watching him go to the front.
As I understand the track had some awesome grip friday night, so I tend to agree with Perry, any driver willing to run out there for more than few laps may have been able to use the 2nd groove.

If only the rain could stay away for a few weeks........

Brian
KT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the qualifying times for the mods. Last week fast time was 13.671 and 16th fastest, the last lock in spot, was 13.908, that is .237 seconds. When cars are that equal in speed then there won't be a lot of passing.

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
Mopar93

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KT wrote:
When cars are that equal in speed then there won't be a lot of passing.

Try double file restarts. It worked pretty good at the Sam Faur Memorial. It was the first time we did that with the Modifieds.

-Maurice
KT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mopar93 wrote:
KT wrote:
When cars are that equal in speed then there won't be a lot of passing.

Try double file restarts. It worked pretty good at the Sam Faur Memorial. It was the first time we did that with the Modifieds.

-Maurice

That would help when there are cautions but last week there was only 1 caution (from what I read). The thing I don't like about double file restarts is, to steal a line from DW, "cautions breed cautions."

www.myspace.com/ktfor3
TOM HERNLY JR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion, but I really believe it was follow the leader last week due to the Superpro cars laying down alot of American Racer rubber. I have seen this alot in the past. I know guys like Bud Perry and myself are usually pretty good in both the low and high grooves and neither of us could really go anywhere. Our cars felt like they were on top of the track with very little lateral grip. I believe we will see a much different race tonight after the rain last Saturday morning. From my experience when this happens it will affect different cars and drivers different depending on the set-up. No crying here, it was the same track for everyone and Dusty did a great job! I just think it will be different tonight.
coachraber3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comming Friday we will be debuting our brand new mod at the Spartan Speedway for the 50 lapper..I just hope it is as fast as the old one! See you guys Friday!
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, Ths Friday is a 35 lap event for the Mods. There will also be Late Models, Spotsman, Ponies and Pures.
coachraber3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn...oh well..We are comming anyways, I need to get this new car out! See you guys Friday!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: