Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

PURE STOCK!!! where'D ya GO?!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KennyClark1121

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: PURE STOCK!!! where'D ya GO?!!!! Reply with quote

ya know I have raced for many of years and dont think I have ever heard some drivers complain so much about being beat in my life....!!!!!! those A/C guys come down and whoop our butts and everyone cries...... well too damn bad!!!! take it as constructive racing! they beat US, that makes US try THAT much harder! but instead Everyone cries about it,then they dont show up when they get beat OR are DQ'ed.....then every cries about how much we get payed well, I never thought I would say this BUT, Jim leasure is RIGHT we dont get enough cars and if you ALL dont start mannin' up we arent gonna be running next year! so from racer to "racer" TRY!!! dont CRY! bring your car, dont take it off the trailer let it sit there and expect to beat anyone! if you all Havent noticed the #26 purestock is always Being worked on while you guys are off doing whatever it may be! yeah granted this may be a beginner class but how are you gonna learn unless you TRY to figure it out!! you all wanna cry to get your way and that aint gonna work! a racecar no matter what it may be takes WORK you dont just unload it friday night and EXPECT to be as fast as you were last friday! it just doesent work that way! and for you auto City guys I THANK YOU Ever since lachota beat us we have done nothing but TRY and have Only gotten Faster, JUST like the Back of Laumier"s car says "Dont Hate,Congratulate" well thats true! and kudo's to you a/c guys who have figured it out! you have made the #26 Faster! We are gonna try to put the "legal" exhaust on to come run and support you guys! We first have a Motor to rebuild but we will try to field 2 cars at a/c speedway on saturday night HOPEFULLY before the end of the year! and for those Spartan Pure Stocks,GROW SOME!! learn a little dont cry and TRY! THE #26 AND the #30 and the #77 are the ONLY ones whoe Support Spartan On sunday Shows and MOST friday shows...... so...that includes What?...MAYBE 6 cars ALLTOGETHER! that aint gonna cut it guys! you wanna race you gotta participate!..... just my 2 cents! I just think it is a little crappy that people Have to CRY..... Dont accuse the "THINKER'S" PUNISH the Cheaters!!!!! When Every car INCLUDING mine passes tech I think some people were surprised but that just makes them wanna stay Home even more! I had some people come up to the car after the races and say "There's now way those a/c cars are stock"?.......well Im sorry to tell you all this But they passed tech Just as well as we did....therefore there is NO reason for us to be THAT far behind! they do there Homework they atually WORK on there cars.....I know..thats hard to believe..BUT they do!....SO all in all Im just asking for a LITTLE more support from the spartan Pure Stock Class to SHOW UP! you got the car...Now just work on it Im building a NEW car for the end of 09' beggning of 10' and WANT a place to run it but I wont be able to do that unless there is a little more SUPPORT from you guys as a Class! you wanna race then BRING IT OUT....you WANNA WIN then work on it! It shouldnt have gotten this far but somehow it Has! there a few guys I know that cry...... then they take 2-3-4-5-6 weeks off STILL cant beat them and then STILL cry.....well tough! try a little harder and the best advice I can give you is the car sittin in the barn or on the trailer AINT gonna make it go Faster! so all Im asking is BRING it out! learn from it! if its a beginner class then how are you gonna move up if you cant figure it out from here?

~Kenny Clark #26 and #11 pure stock

P.S. the New car Will be Driven by ME Kenny Clark and is a BIG 4 door caprice! It will look JUST like the #26 BUT #11 Clearson Racing just like my old cars! if anyone Wonders it is the Mix of my last name "clark"and Jake's last name "Pearson" wich together makes "Clearson" Clearson Racing the #26 and the #11 pure Stock!
KennyClark1121

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and what will you do when the "HIDY'S" thats right...the Hidy's Ben and Landon get there cars done...now racing on their own budget with LITTLE help are putting together 2 purestocks Ohhh man are you guys in for a WAKEUP call!

you guy's ever seen a 15.5 purestock?.....well I gotta feelin your gonna! and I know whats in both of the cars and I will tell you that its less than what my car is! loook out jim leasure!!! you JUST might have to put them new Bleachers to use!

Spartan Pure Stocks the next big thing?....Maybe... with a couple big Names Coming back making the pure stocks THAT much more interesting!
jj7ski

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant speak for anyone else but im building a car as we speak and i should be out in the next few weeks. and i have no idea what im in store for but i do know that i will work on my car and try to learn as much as possible.
so if anyone has any pointers for me im all ears and i hope to see you guys out on the track and many years after that. i know ill start off slow but i also know that wont last long. look for me in a few weeks i have a 87 monte it will be blue with yellow numbers #57
KennyClark1121

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look for you for sure!! be glad to have ya! if you HAVE ANY questions at all ask me and I will do my best I dont have any secrets! let me know what I can do and I will see ya in a couple 3 weeks
jj7ski

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do have a few questions, do you need a windshield? do you need 3 right side door bars and are 235-60-15 size tires legal?
Big Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that I could agree with you more Kenny, spoken like a young man that has won a championship, and learned a few lessons along the way.

I now work at both facilities, but have always had my hand on the pulse of the Eastside, that is where I have lived all my life. From doing the Wednesday radio show in the Flint area for the last 3 years, I have come to know many of these competitors, and their families. There isn't ONE of those "AUTO CITY GUYS" that would not open their hoods, and their minds to help any ONE of you Spartan Speedway Pure Stock drivers. And the help is unlimited. You want to just look at their car, no problem. You want to ask advice, no problem. You need some parts, no problem. You want to look into maybe getting one of those Caprice's, and have some help putting it together, NO PROBLEM!!!! The Stearns, Saumiers, Lechotas, Millers, Johnstons, Clarks, any ONE of those guys that come over and race with us on Sunday's, and even a few Fridays, are more than willing to talk, help, assist, whatever you may be thinking.

Instead of running FROM the competition, embrace it and learn from it, and let the competition HELP you get to where they are now. That is what local racing is about!!!! There is absolutely NO reason why you can't, NONE!! Their cars are legal and go through inspection at Spartan, and Auto City every weekend. They do not put a ton of money into their cars either, no more than the Spartan guys do, they just have figured out HOW to do, and to be fast, and that information is right there in front of you. All you have to do is..........ASK!!!

I would be MORE than happy to take any one of you Pure Stock driver over to the pit of an Auto City Pure Stock driver and introduce you myself.

That is how confident I am about what I just typed!!!

Big Ed Inloes
KennyClark1121

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if you NEED a windshield I personally would reccomend one but I know that the #77 mark carson runs without one every week, I dont think you need 3 right side door bars I dont have them and doubt MOST of the other do, and yes that tire size IS legal. I run 235/6015 on the right and 215/60/15 on the left to halp with stagger.
KennyClark1121

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats TWO championships big ed!!! thank you fro the support on MSTRC ED I had a feelin those guys were gonna eat me alive but That was one of the only ways left I seen that might be affective to get some of these guys back I have talked to a few people the last couple of days that ALMSOT have there cars done and know of about 4 others that were building them and I have anew one so If we all could get them out it would REALLY help this Class survive! I also talked to someone who is building one for next year and fi I come acrossed the right deal this winter I might just buy a 3rd one to add to the Clearson racing team!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: