Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pure Stock Rule Question/Suggestion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flying14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Pure Stock Rule Question/Suggestion Reply with quote

Quote:
c) Engine location: forward most spark plug hole in line or ahead of the upper Ball joint checked on drivers side.

Can this rule please be re-examined. Spartan is the only track in the area that is allowing their pure stocks to have 4 inches of engine setback. Owosso requires the engine to be in stock location, also dixie and auto city have the same rule. just a little something to think about.

-Kyle.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle, I don't know a lot about the RWD cars, but if the #1 plug has to align with the ball joint, I thought that meant no set-back ? Unless you are running a caster split with like 4 inches of caster ?
flying14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pmac,

The engines stock sit about 4 inches Ahead of the upper ball joint.

Doesn't say anything about no setback at all. which is what it should say, no setback or fuel pump must be ahead of crossmember.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KD - Yea, you're going past what I know... I'll leave this to you guys who know this stuff .
flying14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in simple terms there pmac,

To have the spark plug in line with the upper ball joint on the left side you have to move the engine back about 4 inches, which isn't stock location.
oldgold

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: set back Reply with quote

another way is to not let anyone notch fuel pump area out thus keeping engine moved ahead
some cars had upper control arms moved around putting balljoint back from original stock position. that is not legal either. stock ,stock stock and tech top to bottom. a really old racer.
flying14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Cars can still move the engine back a good inch to two inches without notching.

Plus having the Fuel pump in front of the crossmember just makes it a quick look and easy to tech. Rick i agree with you on stock locations.

Rick are you running Steves old car at spartan this year at all?

Jim,

Any final word on this Engine Setback question?
mrexcitement87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: engine set back Reply with quote

i want to know if we can move the engine back soon please
flying14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landon, what car you running pure with?
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine set back will not be allowed after the 2010 season. Most of the Pure Stock that race at Spartan on Slugfest Sundays are from Auto City, Owosso and Dixie. I am not sure about Dixie but the other two tracks do not allow for engine set back. Spartan will however give everyone 2010 to comply.
flying14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim thanks for the reply how about considering a small weight penelty for the guys who have the engines back? Just for this year to discourage guys from moving the engine back for the year. Something like 50 pounds?

Also will chuck be returning as head tech or will someone else be teching?

Thanks Jim,

Kyle Drake
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about a penalty for building their car with in the rules guide lines. Next season of course would be a different story.

I think Chuck is coming back. He may choose to race though, I haven't talked to him lately. I better get with it.

Last edited by Jim Leasure on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
flying14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i just figured i'd ask about it. Might i suggest letting scott tech, i liked the way he did things in chucks absence when he was with the midgets.

Tell Chuck to let CJ run their car at spartan all season.

Thanks Jim.
oldgold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: racing Reply with quote

flying14 wrote:
Some Cars can still move the engine back a good inch to two inches without notching.

Plus having the Fuel pump in front of the crossmember just makes it a quick look and easy to tech. Rick i agree with you on stock locations.

Rick are you running Steves old car at spartan this year at all?

Jim,

Any final word on this Engine Setback question?
not sure yet was waiting for rules to see if they mirrored owosso ,we have 5 cars that could be but not sure yet if cars are teched top to bottom including the camera into the crankcase for non stock parts ,and cubic inch, cam lift ,we just might show up with all 5 cars. owosso motors cannot be moved back race springs not allowed as well as race shocks and altered suspension points. we talked about dirt also because of start mone$750 to win and some shows $1,000 to win $125 to start I-96
oldgold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: setback Reply with quote

Jim Leasure wrote:
The engine set back will not be allowed after the 2010 season. Most of the Pure Stock that race at Spartan on Slugfest Sundays are from Auto City, Owosso and Dixie. I am not sure about Dixie but the other two tracks do not allow for engine set back. Spartan will however give everyone 2010 to comply.
count us out as we are not gonna move engines around to run 1 track. as if there wasnt a advantage guys wouldnt do it. and those cars wont be legal for owosso. tracks pretend to run rules that they say are like the nextdoor track but are just different enough to lock those cars to 1 track. now all the cars that are illegal wll need to move motors forward to come back in 2010 oldgold
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: