Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Rule Clarifications
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mopar93 wrote:
Before anyone gets the wrong idea, Patrick is not measuring the offset correctly.

-Maurice

Maurice -- I wasn't posting that for exact measurements or what is right or what is wrong.. only that "stock wheels" have a wide variance in off-sets.
Mopar93

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, you have tires mounted and the tires have a wide variance. Your photos and measurements are totally meaningless. You shouldn't have posted them at all. That's why I posted the drawing of the wheel.

-Maurice
JRJ

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Maurice those pic were very miss leading. Maurice the drawing you posted is perfect for this issue.
NEED mopar

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thing is getting way out there its not a hard thing to measure from point a to point b when we have a number
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have talked to Bill from Diamond wheels to get his view and to see what other wheel options might be available.

There are safety wheels available with 5X100 that are off set 3.5 inches however that would only be 1/2 inch from what most already own so I am suggesting the 3" off set remain the minimum off set.

It really wouldn't matter how we measured the wheel when it is off the car as long as the wheels are all being measure the same way and we have a minimum number to work with. Anything less of course is unacceptable.

Cars that have a smaller than a 5.75 hub may want to consider a support plate as well which adds 3/16th on an inch.

There is no doubt in my mind that a car running the safety wheel and a spacer plate will have a wider wheel base which may equate to a slight advantage in cornering (if) and only if all other factors are equal.

I am convinced that the safety wheel is a good option because of the pressure that is put on the wheel when turning but I am hesitant to mandate the safety wheel because there are some cost associated with the wheel, hub, larger studs etc. Also the fact that if we have someone travel their car may not meet our standards. I also worry about loose wheels on the track or even possibly in the stands.

I am also not comfortable imposing a penalty on a driver for using the safety wheel because it makes economic and safety sense. The cost of a safety wheel is far less costly than the repair on the car when the safety wall is used for stopping the car.

I don't think we have any choice but to allow the safety rims as the rule is written. There is language that refers to a 1/4 tolerance and that 1/4 tolerance is only for the support plate, if one is being used.

This is not a rule change. The safety wheels were talked about last season and at that time it was announced that they were going to be allowed in 2010. The issue now is that there are so many off sets that we have to have a specific standard. The safety wheels are not required, they are optional but I think the term safety says it all. If we see stock rims break in the weeks to come then safety wheels will become a requirement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: