Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

New racer info needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTR

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: New racer info needed Reply with quote

I am trying to build a Pony stock with minimal help as are others. Feel free to add questions you may have if your a beginner starting out like me.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Couple questions I have:

Tires; Has there been a decision on pony tires yet? Last word was considering a Hoosier race tire. In an effort to find a repleacement for the discontinued Sumotomo, I have found the Kumho Power Star 758. This tire has a 400-A-A rating and is close to the Sumo's 380 A-A. Would this be a possible replacement? Price is also comparable.

Electrical; I purchased a 96 Neon that was what I thought close to being ready to race but once you dive into a project, you go backwards quicker than you go forward with progress. I changed out the soar SOHC engine with a good 97 DOHC that I have in a wreck. Now the problem. The wiring in the 96 was a mess putting it nicely. I now have taken the harness from the 97 and am at the point of installing it in the 96. Here lies my problem, what to keep and what to remove. Sorry for lengthy explanation but details will help with someone offering up help with this. If you can assist, it would be much appreciated. My hopes are to get the car on the track, SOON.
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the tire goes we have tried to get a couple of tire Copmanies to donate four Champiro tires to give a try on two different teams but there are no takers. For right now everyone will need to find what works best for them and share their information with others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: