Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Why make or keep them stock?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaredRoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even with RACECARS you have rules like the laws on hway cars they ALL HAVE TO BE LEGAL BEFORE ALLOWED. and some of ous know Torg aint the most rule obiding team.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jared,

Welcome, and thanks for joining the message board. But be careful, your message above is close to being considered a personal attack and we don't allow that here.

Otherwise, have fun at the tracks this year and enjoy the use of this board.

-Maurice
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your looking for a silver lining.. and me being a glass half full kind of guy.. i love the passion and to me it shows that folks really care.

I'll take a track full of pissed off hot heads looking to run full out over a bunch of i don't really give a damn sunday drivers.

I think its easy to air dirty laundry here.. I've done it too.. and I think when you got the racing bug and green flag is still 3 months off, folks might get a bit prickly.

Come April, lets Run hard, run clean and let the chips fall where they may.

Ball (or in our case, Checked Flag) Don't Lie !
queenbee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Pony Stocks Reply with quote

Boy, John..I'm getting bored with this too....and I haven't the foggest idea what the heck anyone is talking about. You know, maybe the track did do wrong by not enforcing the rules back when...but...now is now...and what the rules says should go. Honestly, what was done in the past is just that "in the past now." You guys, leave it alone already, when new people sign on here they want help not whining.

And honestly, Mark, if you have such a problem with Maurice why don't you go one on one with him like a grown man and talk things out. I've never know Maurice to back down from an adult discussion before.

I'll tell you what our daughter soooooo wants to race in the Pony Stock class but with everything that I'm reading here...it sounds like "cut throat" to me...why would I want my daughter to be included in a class like that?

I just realized..we do only have 3 months left...then up in the awesome Spartan Speedway tower to see you guys go around in circles... Shocked

See yea soon Smile
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: april showers....... Reply with quote

Boy are you right Patrick, I can't wait until April to get here. i got that itch for everything racing. Heck i watched the 1992 Budweiser 500 from Bristol on ESPN Classic yesterday. D.W tore em up I gotta say! We'll all see were these things end up in the coming months...

Maurice, now your talking some sense! lol. I really think a trail run on manuals would be a good thing, that would prove once and for all if it's worth changing the rules.... I know of 1 racer FOR SURE would race every friday on this trial basis if the track let him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mopar93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: april showers....... Reply with quote

Sortabigg wrote:
Maurice, now your talking some sense! lol. I really think a trail run on manuals would be a good thing, that would prove once and for all if it's worth changing the rules....

Just keep in mind that it's not up to me, it's up to the boss to approve. I only made the comment that maybe that's how we could do that for test purposes.

-Maurice
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: so.... Reply with quote

Are you gonna talk to the "Boss"? I can talk to the guy and have him call whoever to talk about it, lemme know!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well It's been since friday and no new posts. Must be guys started fixing or building new cars so now there is no time for the internet. This was getting interesting.
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

i sitll wanna find out the answer to the manual trial run???
Mopar93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: .... Reply with quote

Sortabigg wrote:
i sitll wanna find out the answer to the manual trial run???

And we still don't know who the driver is or what kind of car it is or where this car normally runs so we can compare the rules from that track to ours.

This car can show up at the "Test and Tune" sessions on April 21-22. He can also run at the four Sunday open shows on May 27, June 24, July 29, and August 5th. Also "Fun Night" on September 7.

-Maurice
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: name and car... Reply with quote

his name in Dan Gokee, its an 89 Cavalier, with stick, 2.0 engine i believe, just your basic cavalier maurice, no frills...except for stick of course... lol i can give you his number if you want to ask him yourself...
Mopar93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking a guess that this is just the car you were stripping and then tried to sell and it's never been a race car yet.

If I'm correct, why build a car that you know isn't going to fit the rules?

We already have a few "basic" Cavaliers with automatics and they are very fast. One of them was one of the winningest cars in 2004, won the championship that year, and is still a very fast car and finished high in the points this year. Another one is a winning car from 2006 and a fast qualifier. And another one is a top four points finisher and always a good runner. These would be killer cars with stick shifts.

Tell Dan that if he wants to race at Spartan, he really needs to look for a car with an automatic to build. Although, he can always put an automatic in the one he's working on now if he wants. It's a lot easier to go from stick to automatic than from automatic to stick.

If he really wants to keep this car a stick shift, there's 5 races he can run this year. Other than that, I don't see any chance of allowing it on our regular Friday night shows.

Even if the car isn't fast, picture the amount of complaining that would take place if we allowed a car to run that didn't fit the rules.

-Maurice
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: u ASSUME WRONG! lol Reply with quote

you assume wrong again Maurice, he bought this car from someone who raced in the UP, he's new to the racing thing so he didn't know that it was automatic only at Spartan. He bought the car to race at Spartan, now his hopes and dreams are shattered because he's on a budget and Spartan has *&%#$ rules! lol. People worry to much about the other guy. Take care of YOUR business.
tricknology

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. sorta big,

Even if you got this 1989 Cavalier FOR FREE, it may not be worth building.

It may be penny wise and pound foolish to build this car.

Read this link on Cavalier 4 cyl engines,,

For Tech info on the 2.2 Cavalier and Pont. Sunfire overhead valve 4 cyl. engine....

www.tomorrowstechnician.com/tt/tt30216.htm

Building this car is like building a studebaker for the street stock class instead of building a chevy.

yes you can make it work but it will cost more money and headachs than it is worth.

Righ now the Cheapest and easiest car to build that is a top perfomer, that is fast, durable cheap and easy to fix .... is the 4 door Dodge NEon.

And I am say this as a guy working for GM doing R& D work.
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: car... Reply with quote

Trick,
i realize the Cav isn't the best choice to build a pony out of, But its my coousin that bought the car and it's already built and ready to go, just needs some paint and new vinyl... He's just starting out and this was affordable to him. believe me he's been told thats its not the best car to use. But it'll do for now... You work at GM, Me too, Lansing Grand River..YOu?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: