Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pony Stock Figure 8's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rough_Racer09

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Pony Stock Figure 8's Reply with quote

I am very disappointed to see that there isn't any pony stock figure 8's or any figure 8's besides the trailer figure 8 and the school bus figure 8. I am wondering why YOU JIM LEASURE wouldn't include any of those in the season. But yet your wanting to charge 15 dollars for general admission. It doesn't make sense to me that you would do that. As a spectator I enjoy watching the pony's and pure stocks run figure 8's. From a drivers point of view a lot of drivers like to participate in the events. By you doing this Jim you are not only gonna up set drivers but also fans. Lets watch as the car counts dwindle rapidly fast and lets all watch Spartans fan base die just like Owosso's speedway. If anyone wonders who or what to blame, Blame the track owners. They are the ones getting greedy and not putting on a great show. Its all about the money money money huh. I will be sitting from a distance watching as the track goes down hill. While I'm sitting there I'm gonna drink some beer and wait for Jim to loose his ass. When its all said and done Jim i am gonna sit back shake my head and say I told you so in complete disgust.
BDR1979

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they should have at least the pony figure 8 on the Sunday shows. There are plenty of drivers that would do it. One thing that does need to happen however, is they need to water down the figure 8. It gets way to dusty in the intersection and makes for a VERY unsafe condition.
Rough_Racer09

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reading the post first off, Second I know of atleast 5-10 drivers that wont even bring ther car out on sundays now because of this. Not everyone just wants to watch the damn buses and trailers. As far as watering the figure 8 down that would have to be discussed and probably have a vote taken on it. I know drivers that like it how it was ran. I can say it would be ni to hear something back from Jim but i guess he has went MIA. We need every driver to talk about this and see if we can get the pony figure 8's put back on. It's not too late yet as the season hasnt gotten underway. Would love to see em run again though.
abcggarza

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former 8 driver I hate to see it go but I gotta say that I could see this coming. Numbers have gone down as far as car counts and NOBODY, myself included, want to see a car start and park so that there are only 3-5 cars finishing the race. I also see it from Jims side because he doesnt want to pay people to park on the backstretch either, but from the racers perspective, I cant risk my car for $50 or $75. (Been there, done that, didnt end well) If Jim could get enough cars to commit to every figure 8 maybe he would put it back on the schedule (hint hint Jim), I just want to see figure 8 back where it was when we had 10-15 cars actually running the whole race. Sorry for my rant, dont wanna make anyone mad, but Im just trying to see both sides of the picture.
Pony Stock #14
rooster07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Garza on this, seein half the field sitting on the back stretch after lap 3 sucked. No real action after that. If all of them ran then im sure the class would still be running.
Rough_Racer09

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then thats when you modify the rules not cut the figure 8 completely out. Make a change to the rules that state no sitting on the back stretch or you dont get paid if you do unless you truly cant run anymore.
abcggarza

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree 100%. Unfortunately, that is the only way to fix the problem and there just arent enough drivers out there with the money and craziness (or testicular fortitude Shocked ) that would commit to participate in every race. I know that I wouldnt be able to replace Camerons car if I totalled it in another figure 8 tragedy, or fan pleaser is how I like to look at it cause it makes me feel like it was somehow worth it because the $50 I got at the window definitely didnt pay to replace the car. And that is what alot of drivers have to consider now more than before.
Pony Stock #14
ken#8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so upset with the cut to the figure 8 ...I do agree its wrong for any driver to go out make a couple of laps then park till its over and I say to them sissy's NO PAY take the money that they would have been paid and split it up to the drivers who put the show on for the fans.. If a car actually breaks then pay them but the others plain and simple no money to them...
the FLAG POLE RACES are worse on the cars then the Figure 8 alot of slamming and banging ,pushing,spinning,braking alot more rougher then the 8 all the drivers have to remember driving the figure 8 is the drivers door is off limits make it look good but slow the hell down or stop if needed to let the drivers side get threw without tearing up the cars..I myself dont want to hit anybody in the intersection and take a chance totaling my car out I cant afford another one either..I have a lot of fans that watched the last figure 8 when I held off the pack I had so many fans alot that I dont even know say that was the most exciting race they have seen in a long time.. I wish Jim would reconsider with some rules that are plain and simple and let those of us that want to race and put a show on for the fans to let us do it..GOOD FOR BUSINESS ... well I am venting I would also like to say drivers who DO NOT compete on a regular friday night shows that race the figure 8 NO POINTS awarded only the regular drivers that race every week will be eligible for the points for the figure 8
championship I think thats more then fair to the regular drivers who come out weekly and put on a show for the fans. those drivers who choose to come out and race only on the figure 8 show WELCOME just no points..
I would rather run the figure 8 then the oval any day of the week..
not to be ass or making any threats but NO Figure 8 on sunday show wont see my car on a sunday show and I sure wont be in the grandstands paying 15.00 on a sunday to watch a friday night race program..
sorry but its the way I feel Ken Dollarhite #8
combat_action

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its sad to see it go but i must agree to many start and parks...its not even fun...there are only 4 people that run it with a passion....the rest well.....i love to run it but cant risk tearing up my weekly car...people like ken and pat should be able to run it with competition...i do like the enduro idea and the no pay unless you make3/4 of the laps.. Rolling Eyes
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on running the Pony figure 8's this year. Very disappointed that they were removed from the schedule. I agree it would be a better race with more cars finishing the race. If there was a rule you only got the start $ if you completed at least 2/3 's of the race. (no fake break downs or just plain stopping for no reason). It would maybe keep more cars running until the end. As for not running the race to save your car from wrecks...using good sense, slowing or stopping at the intersection will just about eliminate that. Running the figure 8 is all about timing and good judgment...if it looks like its going to be close, slow down dont try and beat the other guy through.
John
BDR1979

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason I ever stopped running the race was from a mechanical issues with the car. I love figure 8 more then circle track. The nights that I didnt have issues I ran every lap. Yeah those was few and far between. I do think not having a figure 8 on Sunday shows is a mistake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Speedway All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: