Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

MMA and Tires Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: MMA and Tires Update Reply with quote

First I need to thank all of the people that have put forth the effort to gather information and make meetings in order to help us try to make the right decisions. As the 07 season transpires, as well as future seasons I hope you will recognize some of that input being utilized. As far as the Modified tire we will be on the American Racer again. Paul and I agree that although there are some benifits for the Mod. drivers to be on the same tire as other tracks, we still have two other divisions that would also need to change as well. Wayne has been a good supplier and supporter and to make a change this close to the season would be wrong. The MMA issue is a little more complex. It really depends on a couple of issues. One being if there is another MMA track (Owosso) then there is a benifit to both tracks because the drivers would compete more often to get there top 20 points results. Resulting in good car counts. If there is not another MMA track then the benifits are marginal at best for the track but could still be the best option for the drivers/owners. This of course depends on the points fund which is dependent on the Soaring Eagle's participation. At this point I am soon to receive the pay off for the 06 season, which I have heard is not what was expected. In 05 there were about 57 registered drivers and in 06 that number dropped to about 40. I have talked to the MMA and asked for a grace period for early registration fees until we can determine if there will be more than one asphalt track and also if the Sponsor is committed. We then will have a good feel for the points fund and will make a final determination. I hope we can have this resolved by mid March.
Mod88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's mid March.. Any update on what is going on with the mods???? Who's rules we gonna play by????
Lack o Diesel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where are we at on this. Practice at K-Zoo the 31st. Let's not forget that they are on USA rules. What are "we" doing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: