Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Demo Derby/Car Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should spartan speedway get more destruction or maybe monster truck show for 2013
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No:(
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

steven.dyer267

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Demo Derby/Car Soccer Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this for a few days now, and I think to bring more fans to the stands Car Soccer would be an excelant idea. Fans love to see the crashes. Other than race drivers driving the junk vehicle let the citizens & make them sign a waver. Tell me what you think? Video I am posting of an example is at a Iowa county fair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9szxtbZWU
Wes Boyd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun, but boy could you ever rip up some infield grass!
77olds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be fun but yeah that would destroy the infield, I can't imagine it's cheap to fix the ruts we cause during the other Fun Night events as it is...

I did see something else that we could probably easily do that's similar.

Car Football!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fka5cMTu8Mk

On the straight in front of the spectator stands, you park a dead car (painted brown) in the center and have two teams of 3 cars on either side. When the flag is waved, each team tries to push the brown car across the other team's goal line.

It's all on the pavement, doesn't really take long to set up/clean up, and is really fun to watch.

The video I posted is awesome, one guy manages to literally pick up the brown car and carry it across the goal line. Hilarious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Speedway All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: