Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

qualifying

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BDR1979

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: qualifying Reply with quote

Group qualifying should be thrown out and go back to single car qualifying! Too easy for one car to screw up multiple cars times. Also if you scratch your time you should get the fast qualifiers time for the feature race your in.
Big Ed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?? I don't get that comment.

You have 8 (EIGHT) laps to get your best time. It isn't a race, you have NO need to try and pass a slower car in front of you. Slow down, let them get ahead, and then run YOUR laps.

I see so many drivers trying to RACE in qualifying. Then I watch the drivers that get it. They put space in between themselves and another car. If they catch that car, they slow down, throw away 1 lap, to be able to run the rest of them at speed. It isn't rocket science.

And then I see drivers "scratch" their times and start at the back of a heat race to get a new time. Good idea if you didn't qualify well. But then what happens, they try to race to the front, and run side by side with drivers in the heat race, and actually run a slower time then they did in qualifying. It just makes NO sense!!! If you've scratched your time, you are trying to run a faster lap then what you did in qualifying. So how do you do that running side by side?? Shouldn't you just drop back and run by yourself to establish YOUR new time??? You are doing this to keep from getting a speeding ticket in the feature, because you think your car is faster then you qualified, correct?? You do not go faster when your racing someone side by side. I can't count how many times we see someone "scratch" their time, establish a new one, then go out and get speeding tickets in the feature. It just doesn't make any sense!!!

There is nothing wrong with the system Spartan uses. There is something wrong with the statagy some employ. Over 95% of the drivers have no problem with the system. It really isn't that complicated.
BDR1979

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to get a good solid lap when you keep catching the car in front of you before a lap is over. Dont help when they are all over the track and you have to slow way down in order to not hit them. I have given a car a complete straight a way and still caught them before crossing the start finish line. 6 cars out on that track at one time is way too many! Too many chances of having a car cause another car a slower time. 1 car out there for 2 laps means its just you and if you mess up your time then its on you not another driver. The scratching of your time should mean you get the fast qualifiers time for the bracket you are racing in for a brakeout time. Why should the top 4 be exempt from the breakout rule? Thank is just plain dumb!
Big Ed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem too hard for almost every other driver out there. It'd be hard for me to believe that you are SO fast, you catch every car in every qualifying session that you run. Bill does a great job at putting cars on the track that do run about the same qualifying times, but please realize, it is impossible to do every time, and you can't always predict when someone may be slower, or faster, on a given day. Again, YOU HAVE 8 LAPS!!!

If that's the case that YOU find this system so God awful, then wait until late qualifying and you will get 2 laps all by yourself!!! But then you will have no excuses either. Is BDR1979 Brad Robison?? Brad, if you took my advice in my earlier post, you would have ZERO issues.
abcggarza

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only problem I see right now is that cars arent getting lined up by time. They are just calling for Pony stocks to the chute for qualifying and sending the cars out that are up there. Im not sure if they get moved around once theyre in the chute cause I dont wait by the fence for qualifying but, I remember when they used to call the cars up to qualify in a certain order based on time. Just my 2 cents.
Pony Stock #14
Bill Lackey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be making some changes in qualifying line ups in ponys and sprint cars in the future.
Bill Lackey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sngle car qualifying is not an option for this Friday night track. If we went back to single car qualifying, it would have to start around 5 or 5:15 at the latest. Most cars havent been on the track for hot laps or passed inspection at that time.
dunaya52@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there were a couple bad weeks as far as cars that aren't close in times qualifying together and it seemed even if you give space you still caught a car and had to slow down which does mess with some people's times. good job Spartan on realizing some changes needed to be made there.
svtmatt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Big Ed on this one. Spartan is gracious enough to give us 8-10 laps to get 1 good lap. Alot of tracks that do the same type of qualifying only give you 3 laps to get 1 good lap.

MT
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Speedway All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: