Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pony Stock Speed Tips
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daytonapony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheater Parts ?? Reply with quote

chuck ewing wrote:
Hey; Why are you even thinking about these cheater parts ,when this is a STOCK CLASS ? And you will get caught and be disqualifyed, Why spend that kind of money to win very little? What we should do is race only for trophy's!! .. Just my 2-cents worth..
Chuck

Arnold likes to post these questions due to showing this thread to many many other racers where these things are legal.

As far as doing it hence why I said RUNNING A $1200 DIFF IN A $1000 CAR IS STUPID!!!

Chuck if we make the pony's a trophy only class I'll be racing at Owosso. I have a true race car, if those in charge want to treat it like a bump and run or enduro car then I'll go where it's treated like a race car.

Were all out to have fun. I have as much or more fun in my pony then alot of the guys I see in late model. Maybe you should make the LM's a trophy class too, just to make sure they have fun.
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
2010 and 2011 Pony stock Track Champion
15.23 Fastest FWD lap ever at Spartan on fun night.
15.872 Fastest pony stock lap during the season.
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheater Parts ?? Reply with quote

chuck ewing wrote:
Hey; Why are you even thinking about these cheater parts ,when this is a STOCK CLASS ? And you will get caught and be disqualifyed, Why spend that kind of money to win very little? What we should do is race only for trophy's!! .. Just my 2-cents worth..
Chuck

I totally hate this time of the year. Everyone spreads the bull $hit way to thick.

I believe that the rules for ponies at Springport are supposed to remain the same as last year.

Race for trophies only huh? All three or four people that show up! YEAH I COULD REALLY AFFORD TO HELP MORE PEOPLE GET STARTED WITH A DEAL LIKE THAT! CAN YOU SAY PONY'S FOR SALE!

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
torg38

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time of year, It's always better to read than post. It is a lesson hard learned so take my word for it. See you in 08
tricknology

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry I created this discontent.

My bad.

Yep, you guys are correct that you do not need a torsen gleason torque sensing differential, If you are not spinning your tires off the turn with the stock open differential.

We have used torsen gleason torque sensing differetials on flat Rock SLM's and Street stocks,,,they work nice.

PS. you can not check for Torsen by jacking up one wheel and seeing if it will spin,,with a Torsen ,,,It will spin.

Maybe, On a FWD drive car,,I think the only way to tell is to pull an axel shaft or maybe the speedo sensor and look inside witha bore-a scope.

MR. Randall you got any ideas on how to check for a torsen differential?

sorry, arnold.
pasto68

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw this in the sunday ann arbor news. '97 neon 4 dr. wont start.
734-475-2813. that is a chelsea phone #

steve "pops" pastorino
torg38

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI
$499 and needs engine. 4dr 5spd. 97
daytonapony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnold,

You are right about teching for the diff, I got confused on the types and misposted. Also don't feel bad about posting this. Chuck has taken a hard nosed stance on "cheating" this year. Don't let his one negative post stop good discussion.

In my opinion the easiest way to tech for it will be to put two tires on grass, nail the gas while turning the wheel some. If both tires spin we have a problem. I know in my open diff car last year I would only spin the snot out of the inside tire.

Steve and Mark, there is an entire section devoted to where we could pick up cheap pony stocks. Just an FYI.
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
tricknology

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: NEON ROLL CAGE PICTURES, simple and easy Reply with quote

NEON ROLL CAGE PICTURES, simple and easy

this cage only has 6 bends total,
four 45 degree bends and two 90 degree bends.

http://www.mstrc.com/index.php?showtopic=16771
tricknology

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: MOPAR transmission GEAR Ratio Calculator, Reply with quote

this is a great link from www.neons.org on MOPAR transmission GEAR Ratio Calculator...it even takes into account tire size,, and automatically gives the gear ratio for each gear. for Sticks and automatics,

http://www.neons.org/tire/rpm2.shtml
tricknology

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Question on rims.

for a NEON, which junk yard steel rims do you guys use?

for a 5 bolt pattern?

also what about 4 bolt Neons?
daytonapony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricknology wrote:
Got a Question on rims.

for a NEON, which junk yard steel rims do you guys use?

for a 5 bolt pattern?

also what about 4 bolt Neons?

DO NOT run a stock neon steel rim on the right front. It will crack around the rim holes and come apart. These rims are fine on the left side and possibly the right rear but under no circumstance should be run on right front. Other then that treat a neon the same as you would any of the 2.5 dodge cars for rims.

I cannot comment on the 4 lug as anyone circle racing a neon should run a 5 lug for the bigger hubs.

Stock wheels should work on the 4 lug and the right front should be 5 lug with a different wheel.
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
daytonapony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: MOPAR transmission GEAR Ratio Calculator, Reply with quote

tricknology wrote:
this is a great link from www.neons.org on MOPAR transmission GEAR Ratio Calculator...it even takes into account tire size,, and automatically gives the gear ratio for each gear. for Sticks and automatics,

http://www.neons.org/tire/rpm2.shtml

Just wanted to give others a heads up. This is worthless for the automatic trans ratios and speeds. The DOHC trans ratio is wrong, they do not take into account the transfer gears, and I cannot get the right speed for the ratios. I know the ratios I had, the speeds I was running, and the rpm. Yet no matter what ratio I do with the automatics it will not compute right.

If your using this for the automatics it's wrong.
Metz Racing #79
Team Beacon
Never Dead Racing
P&G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: CHIP Reply with quote

Anyone know where you can get a performance chip for a 1992 Cavalier 2.2 engine.
Jerry Garland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P&G,

I use to race a cavalier and I did lots of research on chips. They do not make one unless you have lots of money. The best thing for you to do is put a stick shift computer in the car because the fuel curve is different and the rev limiter is set higher in this style computer. Other than that get your gearing set correctly and the handling of the car set for you to drive and you should be fairly competitive.

PS: this info on the computer is good as long as you are running a automatic tranny. If you are running a stick shift tranny then just leave it and race.

JG
tricknology

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of Front Brake pads do you folks use on 1995 to 1999 Dodge Neon's for asphalt oval racing?

Brand?

type?

where did you buy yours?

thanks,

Arnold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: