Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

next year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weasal30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: next year Reply with quote

i know you have herd it before but, a friend of mine and i are wanting to build 1 possibly 2 cars this winter, our only concern is that the class may or may not be around next season, being it has not took off, when would we be able to know for SURE if there will or will not be a pure stock division? Just want to start getting stuff around as soon as possible if there will a class to run in. Like i said, i know, alot of people have said this before.
Gusey Racing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to know if the pure stock class is going to be around next year. Question

If it is still around I hope there isn't any big rule changes.

Of course I'm hoping Springport is open next year too.
Very Happy
monzilla80

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to racing and am building a pure stock. My father and I were planning on racing at Spartan and Springport next year. Maybe even build a second car if it goes well. I have confindence things wont change and may become better. There seems to be a great interest in this class. I hope to see you all next year and make some new friends.
Russ Potter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on running Pure Stock next year. I drove the 10 Chrysler Concorde this year. It is for sale right now if anyone is interested. I will take $1,300 or B/O. This car proved that the v-6 can run with the v-8. I plan on building two Chrysler V-6's this winter. I am confident that Spartan will bring back the Pure's for next year and expect they will have more shows for us. I also hope that Springport will be running next year, and I will be there if they do. As far as rule changes, keep with the current rules for Pure's and Street's for the next couple of years at least and revisit them at that time. Sure, there may need to be some TWEEKS but not any major changes. Give them time.

BTW - Welcome Monzilla80

Russ Potter
No. 10 Chrysler Concorde
3.3 L V-6 Pure Stock
PaulRecher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Pure Stocks - Survival Reply with quote

Laughing Very Happy

Hello Russ - from the Parkhurst Racing crew.

I would have to agree with Russ and others, I dont think you have to much to worry about the class not coming back next year. I would worry next year if the class hasn't grown in size by the middle of the season. Then you may see it get dropped. I am a Street Stock driver and I am even thinking of building a Pure Stock to race. So stick with it and keep yourself involved Monzilla80 in this discussion board, you can learn a lot from here.

Also if you need help with your car during the building process, jump on here and ask someone. Trust me you'll get it.
monzilla80

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! What a warm welcome! I hope racing is this nice too. Anywho, I have about 2 pages of questions about the car and what can be done to it. Does anyone have an email or fax number of someone I can ask?

Thanks again.
Mopar93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can email your tech questions to me at: maurice@cmdrkey.com

-Maurice
Jimmy48

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: pure stock next year Reply with quote

I will also be out there in a new car for pure stock next year hopefully we can get a good field of cars
Russ Potter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all PURE STOCK drivers and builders, I heard a rumor from a reliable, informed source that Spartan is thinking of NOT running PURE STOCKS for 2007. It is our responsibility to let the track know WE want the class and will be there for 2007. I know the Potter Racing Team will be fielding two NEW Pure's next year, how many others will there be? Just talked to a person in Jackson who will buy the 10 car if if the class races. That make three for sure. Please post on this thread if you have a car for 2007. I believe that if enough interest is shown they may change their mind. Also, if the rules are tweeked a little there are commitments from at least two drivers I know of. One is Joyce DerMiner from Auto City and Bill Adkins from Owosso. That makes at least five. Come on fellow Pure's, lets see if we can get at least 15 cars, that should sway their minds.

Russ Potter
10 Pure Stock
Russ Potter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of people do not have internet so if there is anyone out there that knows someone who is building or plans to build one please let them know and if they have no access to the internet, have them call the Spartan line at 517-676-5404. Just talked to a couple of drivers who do not have access and they have committed to 2007. Wayne Parkhurst and Justin Lewis. That makes at least seven. Also, to those out there who have not started a car because of uncertainty of the class but will build one if the class is there, please let your voice be heard. Hope we can hear from at least eight more commitments soon.

thanks,
Russ
Bardenracing42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said all along that if I can run my car as a pure stock, I will. I know that because of the rules there are issues with the floorboard, but I would add weight to compensate for that. Everything else I could change to fit the rules. I just need to know, because I want to start getting this car prepared for whatever class it's going to run in very soon.
Jimmy48

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: pure stock next year Reply with quote

I Plan on running 1 pure stock car next season.

Jimmy Johnson
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ,

I have a car lined up to turn into a pure stock, but I am holding off on the purchase till the class is officially confirmed.

IF confirmed, I will have a pure stock car out there for 07.
monzilla80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im building one right now. I sure hope the class is there.
allhailfaz13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am building a car for next year and i hope to be able to race at both of the tracks.

Zach McIntosh
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: