Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

3 lap caution rule what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whataracingfool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: 3 lap caution rule what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

i was at the track friday the 11th the races were ok i guess but what i think is stupid i heard them announce the driver will get 3 laps th change a tire or what ever broke i seen when the car goes off the track some times they go 1 lap then white i think thats a bunch of bs then when the 4 cyl came out for the a main it started good thenall of a suddenfew laps later i seen a car slow drove by the pit enterance slow and stoped by the wall the yellow came out then he went faster to get in the pits then he went by the enterance then they gave him 5 not 3 like some peepel laps too do work on the car LOL come to find out hes the point leader so i guess he can do +*$# like that i used to like watching them but when stuff like this happends why go to a track that has favorits
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! This is "the Point leaders wife" I happen to know what you are talking about becasue after going to the track for MANY years, I questioned the same thing. What may have appeared to you as five laps really was 3. My husband happened to have waiting for him in the pits a crew of guys (who did not know each other) worked together to change a tire work like a professional pit crew. It is that type of team work that enables ALL competitors a chance to get back out without too much penalty and give the race fans a good race. I commend those guys. SO what may appear to you as favoritism really isn't. It is an across the field rule I hope you get a chance to go into the pits and see what I am talking about.
Thanks to all who helped out.

Jody Ward
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the name "WHATARACINGFOOL" says it all?

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
whataracingfool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i was in the pits when the #1 car broke they pushed him in the pits and next lap was the white so whats that call not 3 laps and when he went in the pits for the flat tire on the 4th lap the white flag came outok now how is that the 3 lap rule i was sitting with a couple racers they said the same thing its a bunch of +*$# thats why he quit racing there and why did he go by the pit enterance slow then stop at the top of turn 1&2 when he could of went to the pits with out causing the caution Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad if these 4 cyl peepel wanna see some good racing go to crystal raceway and see some good racing and not some winnyass peepel whos gotta stop on the track to cause a caution so they can race up to crystal they run stock cars on cambered tires or changing of gears in the carsthats why they call them flnn STOCKS and for u dennis its just a name smartypants
schinde

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be a disease of some sort. Seems to be catching.

Maybe we need the U.N. to come in and take care of getting everyone to sit nicely and sing Kumbayah? Here, Koffi, Here Koffi!

have a good day,

schinde
Big Ed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet that is the first time in the history of short track racing that that has ever happened!!!! I mean who would ever DELIBERTLY bring out a caution??? I'm sure that has never, ever happened anywhere else, not even Crystal!!!!

Geez Louise!!!!

And oh by the way, the 3 lap rule starts once the car has made it to it's pit. We usually have someone right there to tell us if they're trying to get back on the track, or not. If not, we'll give the white right away, otherwise, they do receive three laps to fix whatever it may be. And reguardless of your beliefs, we do this for everyone.

Big Ed
whataracingfool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well sorry to say a lot of dirt tracks if u stop on the track for some reason to bruing out the yellow u go to the pits and half to run the b c mains big ed youve been to crystal u know how it is and before the will throw a yellow tell go almost a lap down if ya forgot go up there and watch again
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey whata, why don't you sign your post like almost everyone else.
Now if you or I are midway down the front shoot, get sandwiched between two cars, blow a tire while airborn, hit the track at full speed, realize the right front has failed, get hard on the brakes, stop just somewhat short of the pit wall, collect our thoughts, scoop our britches, and then pull into the pit, have the slight bit of good luck that the yellow was out, have a small group of people change the tire(not your pit crew cause you don't have any), get back out on the track in time to make the restart, restart at the rear, finish third, and then have someone whine about it. What a sport! Makes ya happy to be part of it don't it?

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
soody54

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink It's sad that somebody always thinks that almost everybody else is cheating. Dude, ya just don't get nominated for Sportsman of the Year at Spartan (twice in a row) if the drivers (who nominate you) think you cheat. The driver you're talking about enjoys the sport, the other drivers, the fans, and he's a good man who wouldn't intentionally hurt or cheat anybody. I've seen him give away his own car parts to somebody else who needs them, and I've seen him get out of his car and run to another pit to help another driver. And, the best part.. I've seen other drivers and pit crew folks run to help him. That's what happened when he blew his tire and we were proud of the response of the guys who pitched in to help. We all know him best, and I've known him for 50 years. (How long have you known him?)

Maybe you should do what the rest of the really good, consistent drivers do... just keep your focus on your car and your driving instead of spending so much energy worrying about what everybody else is doing or not doing. There's an old saying, "There's a reason the windshield is so much bigger than the rear view mirror." (Yeah, I know there's no mirror in a race car... the point is to focus on what's ahead of you, not what's around you or behind you.)

Either way, good luck.

The Sister
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: